• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foriegn MREs on ebay?

They've opened tinned goods from 19th century expeditions and found it safe to eat...........

MRE's a great for fostering that 'out in the wild, on your own survival' experience. Take a kid out for a week with nothing else and it's surprising how much less fussy they get about what they'll eat :)

What do you think they feed all the catfish and "white fish-sticks" you eat here? What do you think the catfish you catch out of the river/lake eat?

Where's your sense of adventure?:p
Well it's not as bad with Russian stuff. Right now I'm looking at ordering a Vostock dive watch. Nice kinka retro looking automatic movement. I'd have to wait on it to ship from Russia though.
But with China I keep remembering the defective tires they sent us and they poisonous pet greets and then I recall something about milk or baby formula. I don't know why they would wanna kill off their biggest deabtor but sometimes that's how it looks.

Lowest bidders... Remember the "American Peanut Co." salmonella recall? Something like a million MREs got recalled because of that.

Quality is the same the world over, as low as they can get away with.

I don't think I'd trust any of those countries for food. Hell my wife used to cook tilapia all the time. But then we discovered it ALL comes from China or Vietnam. Plus it's pretty much a **** eating trash fish. Short answer is I don't trust China or Russia for edibles and Korean stuff would probably gross me out.
Yep, tilapia will thrive in water that will kill a catfish...

When we were training with guys from other nations we always traded chow.
The grass was always greener type of thing ......
I liked the British chow except they had tea instead of coffee, we all thought that was pretty weird, lol.

Traded chow with the brits before, we get better MRE's .. especially the cold weather ones.

They've opened tinned goods from 19th century expeditions and found it safe to eat...........

MRE's a great for fostering that 'out in the wild, on your own survival' experience. Take a kid out for a week with nothing else and it's surprising how much less fussy they get about what they'll eat :)
In college, we found tins of 1960s era Civil Defense "Biscuits" stored in the attic of our dorm. They looked like Graham crackers, but tasted horrible, even to a starving college student! Not sure if they tasted any better 14 years earlier, either:

http://conelrad.blogspot.com/2010/08/life-cycle-of-civil-defense-suvival.html?m=1

Back
Top Bottom