• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foriegn MREs on ebay?

I don't think I'd trust any of those countries for food. Hell my wife used to cook tilapia all the time. But then we discovered it ALL comes from China or Vietnam. Plus it's pretty much a **** eating trash fish.

What do you think they feed all the catfish and "white fish-sticks" you eat here? What do you think the catfish you catch out of the river/lake eat?

Short answer is I don't trust China or Russia for edibles and Korean stuff would probably gross me out.

Where's your sense of adventure?:p

I've probably tried a dozen MRE's since they first came out and really if I was given the option, I would have taken a C-rat.
One think about the C-rats they always had good fruits in them. Peaches, pears, fruit cocktails you could suck them up in a minute especially when they were cold...

LOL.

I've probably tried a dozen MRE's since they first came out and really if I was given the option, I would have taken a C-rat.
One think about the C-rats they always had good fruits in them. Peaches, pears, fruit cocktails you could suck them up in a minute especially when they were cold...

I was only a kid when why Dad used to bring home C-rats, and I agree. But maybe it was because I was a kid and it was fun/novel vs. now that I associate MREs with being funky and miserable (without it being my own choice to be so).

This is a funny thread.
Now you have me thinking someone somewhere probably still has some Vietnam era C-rats and I'd bet they're still edible.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're stashed in a government bunker somewhere that someone forgot about.
lol

Edit - I just found a case from 1966 on ebay for $299 for the twelve. I don't thinks so.:faint:

I wish you could still get C-rations...

clicky clicky clicky

Looks like they still sell them. Of course you'd have to be pretty brave to eat one..

LOL. Same wavelength...

Yeah, the problem is that over time the food breaks down and eventually the cans rust out, from both the outsides and inside. 30~50 years is a LONG time.

Anyway... going to take daughter (soon) and son (later) camping with some MREs to "pass the torch" so to speak. Maybe they will fondly remember "that weird Army food. Do you remember when their used to be real troops and they used to eat real food in the field?!?"

Back
Top Bottom