Ford Raptor - Are they really that awesome?

Man ford haters are plentiful on this site, hill I can take you to 6 ford truck/suv's in my family that have broke 200k without anything other than fluid changes, tires, brakes, and batteries.

I can show you my 07 F150 where the transmission went out at 125k, and my buddies that went out at 110k. When I called the transmission shop to see how much to get it rebuilt the guy said, "Let me guess, it has about 130k on it? Yeah it's about time then." Not to mention the damn 2 piece spark plugs that break when you try to change them.

I've had a 91 ranger, 92 explorer, 92 F150, 97 F150, and 98 F150 that were all good trucks but I have not been impressed with this one at all. The driver's side power seat doesn't work, the windshield washer sprayers don't work, the 12v cig lighter plugs don't work except for the one in the rear. None of those are big things but there being so many of them is not a good sign. The general fit and finish is not as good as the older ones either. I'll be going back to Toyota when I get rid of this truck. My 02 Tacoma had 240k on it and was still going strong when I got rid of it.

I can show you my 07 F150 where the transmission went out at 125k, and my buddies that went out at 110k. When I called the transmission shop to see how much to get it rebuilt the guy said, "Let me guess, it has about 130k on it? Yeah it's about time then." Not to mention the damn 2 piece spark plugs that break when you try to change them.

I've had a 91 ranger, 92 explorer, 92 F150, 97 F150, and 98 F150 that were all good trucks but I have not been impressed with this one at all. The driver's side power seat doesn't work, the windshield washer sprayers don't work, the 12v cig lighter plugs don't work except for the one in the rear. None of those are big things but there being so many of them is not a good sign. The general fit and finish is not as good as the older ones either. I'll be going back to Toyota when I get rid of this truck. My 02 Tacoma had 240k on it and was still going strong when I got rid of it.
Truly I hate it for you sir and as I stated them at there will be some to break down I only wanted to say that the whole brand wasn't "junk" and that I could prove it. As far as that I also had a 97 dodge ram 1500 and a 05 1500 that broke 150K without any tranny issues and supposedly they were "junk" but maybe I'm just lucky.

400k on my 06 dodge cummins with zero motor issues. At 300k I broke down and got a goerend full billet transmission and a bunch of motor uogrades. I would never in my life own a gas motor , reliability compared to diesels like the cummins is night and day not to mention I can get over 20mpg in a 10,000lb truck. My dodge cummins may not be a Baja truck but I can drag a raptors pansy a$$ around like a toy. With efi live, larger turbo , bigger injectors and fuel pump and cp3 I'm pushing well over 600hp . If I'm going to pay 60k for a truck it sure as hell ain't going to be a gas guzzling raptor. Looks good, great suspension but is that all the raptor seriously offers? Put a cummins in it and I would jump all over it. Just felt like rambling and consider that this is just my opinion although cummins has an awesome rep, I even liked the old 7.3l ford diesel but not the newer ones we had to many issues. Chevy , the few we have are and have been decently reliable and have over 300k but dodge got my vote. My father even still has his 97 dodge cummins with 600k and looks like brand new and runs equally as good although admittedly has had $10k recently dumped into it for a full billet tranny, paint , turbo , injector , fuel pump .

Don't mean to offend anyone so please excuse and I do realize that I'm comparing apples/oranges here.

Last edited:
Id skip the raptor, atleast till the new model comes out end of 16'. Tha or since your a dodge guy, check out the 1500 rebel! http://www.topspeed.com/trucks/truck-reviews/ram/2015-ram-1500-rebel-ar167077/picture610877.html

pictures.topspeed.com_IMG_crop_201501_ram_1500_rebel_6_800x0w.jpg
ohh yeah this a warranty night mare to be...maybe they will give a voucher for a rental raptor

400k on my 06 dodge cummins with zero motor issues. At 300k I broke down and got a goerend full billet transmission and a bunch of motor uogrades. I would never in my life own a gas motor , reliability compared to diesels like the cummins is night and day not to mention I can get over 20mpg in a 10,000lb truck. My dodge cummins may not be a Baja truck but I can drag a raptors pansy a$$ around like a toy. With efi live, larger turbo , bigger injectors and fuel pump and cp3 I'm pushing well over 600hp . If I'm going to pay 60k for a truck it sure as hell ain't going to be a gas guzzling raptor. Looks good, great suspension but is that all the raptor seriously offers? Put a cummins in it and I would jump all over it. Just felt like rambling and consider that this is just my opinion although cummins has an awesome rep, I even liked the old 7.3l ford diesel but not the newer ones we had to many issues. Chevy , the few we have are and have been decently reliable and have over 300k but dodge got my vote. My father even still has his 97 dodge cummins with 600k and looks like brand new and runs equally as good although admittedly has had $10k recently dumped into it for a full billet tranny, paint , turbo , injector , fuel pump .

Don't mean to offend anyone so please excuse and I do realize that I'm comparing apples/oranges here.

Are yours and your dad's dodge automatic or manual?

Back
Top Bottom