• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For anyone thinking of giving a pet rabbit as a gift. Not food items but something your child will bond with and love.

I used to have rabbits. 1 buck and 4 does. I would let them have babies, allow them to grow for 10-12 weeks, kill them and put them in the smoker or the freezer. Due to my workload at the time, I sold them to an ODT brother years ago. I may get more when I retire. Rabbit is really good on the smoker.

I've had a few rabbits. As others have noted, I've had some mean sons of bitches and I've had some that were awesome. No different than cats or dogs really.

You can house rabbits with guinea pigs also. I've had some awesome guinea pigs too,

This reminds me I had conditioned some wild rabbits to come when called while I lived in Chicago. Lincoln Park is covered in rabbits. I'd slice apples and toss them to the rabbits. Pretty soon when they saw me on the back porch, they'd come running. I'd even peel the apples for the babies. It lowered my blood pressure to have them come running. One even got so bold as to hop up on the porch and beg for apples. He'd stand on hind legs and dance around in a circle waving his front legs like a dog. Got him to where he'd take the apple slice from my hand.
Chicago...free handouts? Obviously Democrat rabbits.

My daughter's rabbit was a lionhead. She acted more like a cat really. One of our female cats and the rabbit were best friends and would hang out together all the time. They would sit together everywhere. This rabbit played with cat toys and would sit up to bat at the cat toys on a string. Never knew they were so smart. For some reason even though her bedroom door was left open the rabbit never left the room. She would never cross the door threshold.

Back
Top Bottom