• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For anyone thinking of giving a pet rabbit as a gift. Not food items but something your child will bond with and love.

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
First look to see if you have a Vet nearby that can care for a pet rabbit if it gets sick. I live in Southeast GA where we have lots of Vets if you have a dog or cat. Fo a rabbit there is one in Jacksonville 40 miles away and if they don't answer their phones it's an hour and half drive to Gainsville FL to a UF ER Vet.

Determine whether you are buying a male or female rabbit. Tougher than you might think with all that fur. I bought my daughter a young male lionhead rabbit or that was what the lady running a rabbit rescue said it was when I purchased it. Here we are nearly 3yrs later and the rabbit starts bleeding heavily from its bottom area. My daughter made the drive to Gainsville and the Vet tells her the rabbit is a female and she has advanced uterine cancer. My daughter had to make a tough choice to put her little friend to sleep.

Had a friend that got one for their two year old daughter,the second day it had bit the end joint of her index finger off.i would not recommend one for no small child.

fatal-attraction-rabbit.gif

I bought my daughter one probably 8 years ago now. It was a tiny. Its now 8yrs old. The vets are certainly an issue. You are supposed to have the females neutered because of the cancer. I left that decision up to my daughter. We are pretty sure its female but even the vet was unsure??lol She decided to not neuter her. I guess we were lucky. My daughter is now a senior at UGA. The bunny is mine now pretty much. Shes been a great pet really.

Back
Top Bottom