• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

fish tanks-freshwater

A loach won't eat them? I try a stay natural.
dont have room for a loach as much as i wanted to have one

pea puffers are a no go as evidently they are dicks to everything

was going to use assassin snails but then i couldnt keep the other snails in the same tank

evidently no planaria is a natural ingredient but so is arsenic lol

dont have room for a loach as much as i wanted to have one

pea puffers are a no go as evidently they are dicks to everything

was going to use assassin snails but then i couldnt keep the other snails in the same tank

evidently no planaria is a natural ingredient but so is arsenic lol
My assassin snails never bothered my rams horn snails.

every tank has room for some khuli loaches lol. they eat all snails. i forgot i had them when i added a few assassin snails to help turn my sand....found the empty shells a week later :(

i almost killed my tank off by adding new fish.....i really wish i had room for a small quarantine setup, woulda saved my fish. think it was from the green neon tetras i just added, as they are wild caught fish. i got something bacterial in my tank and had to med to stop my fish from all dying off. started i found my bumblebee catfish (think he ate one of the green neons as they are tiny) floating and covered with what looked like cotton. immediatly took him out and hoped none of my other fish pecked at him. round 3 dead green neons the next day and decided to medicate to try and save the tank...all my loaches died from either the med or whatever was in the tank. loaches and all "non-scale" fish are very sensitive to meds :( .and i even lost my new yellowfinned hillstream loach i just got a week beforehand, very bummed on that one as i love hillstream loaches and would love to set up my 20 long as a dedicated hillstream tank with more hillstream loaches and freshwater gobies.

good news is i think i got whatever it was out my tank, nothing else has died....but seriously damaged my peacock gudgeon. he can hardly keep himself upright, almost like swim bladder disease, but doesn't happen all them time. i have him in a breeder box inside the tank to help him out. every time ive been about to let him back out he spins around upside down for a bit, then corrects himself. its very weird. also when i feed him he goes for the food...but misses most of the time. almost like hes partially blind, but his eyes look fine. i may have to end up putting him down with clove oil if he doesnt start getting better.

Guppies growing up

All blue except 1 is more silver and1 has this crazy orange and black dots tail variation

C40EAC5B-9442-42FC-B525-E60405D3A22D.jpeg
286FE987-4856-4613-BC21-6487592977EE.jpeg

well it seems my tank recovered and is ok again. the peacock gudgeon did end up passing though :( . and one of my male emperor tetras decided he was big enough to challenge the alpha....that did not end well for him. had to seperate him in a breeder box but he died from battle wounds. the only other males in the tank are half the size of him now, so they should be fine for awhile lol.

So i went to all the fish stores fish shopping the other day and got some new ones at Southern Aquatics (one of my favorite fish stores). i picked up some more baby albino corys so my 3 wouldnt feel alone anymore (so little compared to my full grown ones lol) and also a new species for me. a Checkerboard cichlid. they are sold as juveniles and look very plain, but holy crap when they grow up (only about 3-4 inches or so) they look amazing. As juvinles they are impossible to sex, gotta wait till they mature :( . I got 4, hoping for at least one pair lol. i may go back and get 2 more though, as its "recommended" to get 6 for better odds lol.

i suck at taking pics and only have a crappy phone, so heres some youtube vids i managed to find lol. or just google photo search for checkerboard cichlids and youll see why i bought them lol. the lady at the store told me to google search them and i didnt believe the pics were of the same fish lol.

juveniles, around the 4:30 mark are some good shots of them.

full grown. males have the lyrtail and amazing breeding color. and the females still look about plain but do color up nice. the female with the red anal fin is in "heat" lol.

Southern Aquatics also had some gorgeous baby bristlnose plecos. black with white dots and a white edge on the back of the tail. could almost swear they where baby blue phantoms if the dots where blue lol. im deciding on a sucker algae eater and cant decide between them or one of the baby panda garas they have as well lol.

Back
Top Bottom