First suppressor

Which brings me back to my question. If I put a .30 can on a 22lr will I be disappointed?
You'll have more fun with a dead air mask, SiCo sparrow, warlock II etc. As far as sound it, it's not hard to make a subsonic 22 round quiet. About anything will do the job. A 30cal can will make you want a dedicated pistol and rimfire can lol.

Let me break it down to you like this. First of all, you can't call it a can because you're a noob. You have to call it a suppressor until us "Can God's" say you are worthy to call it a can. :boink: :boink: :boink:

Lol, but in other words, I'll help you save money. Buy a Liberty Mystic X and a .46 caliber (SilencerCo Hybrid, Dead Air Primal, or Griffin Armament Bushwhacker) and you have all major calibers covered with 2 suppressors.

I call them what they legally are...silencers. One step beyond calling it a can.

Ok guys I need some advice. I’m ready to get my first suppressor but every time I go look I get overwhelmed,frustrated and end up leaving empty handed. I understand about the federal stamp but lost on type to get. I want something I can switch to different guns. One for rimfire stuff for example? Can you do rifle and pistol? I have a lot of small caliber guns I’d love to shoot quietly.
Any help would be appreciated!

I would definitely start with a 22 can and take it from there. Good news is that e-forms should make your wait significantly shorter than what it would have been if you hadn't walked out empty handed a few months ago.

I can't recommend the Silencerco Spectre enough. Very good sound and easy to clean, no need to worry about them locking up when they get dirty like some 22 cans (looking at you GemTech).

If you want to get into pistols you have to look at what you will be shooting. As a caliber 45 suppresses almost naturally, and heavy-for-caliber 9mm is pretty good too. If you have both I'd start with a 45 can. That'll work for either and the bigger can will offset the additional sound you get from the larger hole in the end cap. Almost any major brand will work in this case.

But start with a 22. It's the best way to get into the game.

Back
Top Bottom