• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Rivian R1T truck hits the road....1st truck rolls off the assembly line

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
Today marks the beginning of the new normal in Normal, Ill., as the first production Rivian R1T electric pickup — meaning the first truck for commercial sale to a customer — rolled off the line at Rivian's factory.

Rivian CEO RJ Scaringe tweeted photos of the truck, done up in namesake Rivian Blue and surrounded by cheering crowds of factory workers and their families.

1631671913498.png

Today marks the beginning of the new normal in Normal, Ill., as the first production Rivian R1T electric pickup — meaning the first truck for commercial sale to a customer — rolled off the line at Rivian's factory.

Rivian CEO RJ Scaringe tweeted photos of the truck, done up in namesake Rivian Blue and surrounded by cheering crowds of factory workers and their families.

View attachment 3504795
That's not a pickup truck. It's a never-off-road, off-road SUV with some room for wife and kiddies and room in the back to bring back that bassinette and changing station from Babies-R-Us.... The only time it would ever see off-road is when wifey misses the driveway when backing out...

Back
Top Bottom