• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Job Interview in 10 Years

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Been casually job hunting the last month or two as I have been increasingly unhappy at my current job of almost 10 years. After phone interview and aptitude/personality test, I have been called back for an in-person interview. First job interview I have had in a long time. Got a new suit as my workplace went casual about 4 years ago and I haven't had a reason to dress up for years. Grey suit, was going to go with a patterned (squares) shirt with solid tie, dressy enough for an interview? It's an account management position at a materials distribution company. Looking to return an actual balance to work/life so I can spend time with the wife and kids again during the week. Also looking for solid barber recommendations in the Acworth/Woodstock/Kennesaw area as the wife has dealt with my hair and beard on the backporch for the last while.

Thanks!
Caleb

Suit works. I don't have hair but every man I know uses this place:

Screenshot_20211004-202455_Maps.jpg

Go with a light blue shirt. Busy pattern looks like the stock boy trying to move up.

Don't know the area, but "boutique" haircut is worth every dollar you spend on it.

And this, even if you are a manly man, a man among men, consider a manicure. I'm serious as a heart attack about that. Especially if you don't know if your interviewer will be a woman or not.

Good luck. It seems one has to consistently be in search for their next job in this new world. I don't like looking for work. I never found a good balance while working. It was always feast or famine for me. Nothing wrong with dressing for success. My wife has been cutting my hair for almost 40yrs

Go with a light blue shirt. Busy pattern looks like the stock boy trying to move up.

Don't know the area, but "boutique" haircut is worth every dollar you spend on it.

And this, even if you are a manly man, a man among men, consider a manicure. I'm serious as a heart attack about that. Especially if you don't know if your interviewer will be a woman or not.
This is solid advice.

Back
Top Bottom