• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Firearms Inventory

sovietak474u sovietak474u said it all.
I have a List of my Collection and all of it Insured as I can not replace any of it the way I got them.
I have instructions on how and where to go to Liquidate My collection and I update the values on the more expensive ones every 2 years (in case I die).
I have a friend who lost his entire collection in a Fire and his homeowners insurance did not cover any of them, that is why I got a Insurance rider on my Firearms.
Yep a friend of mine lost 2 machine guns in a fire . Because of him there are less on the registry as the receivers are too far gone per ATF .

This cheapskate spent almost 35k on sheen guns and bought a Walmart safe . Mine are insured for full value but I don’t want the money. Took me way too long to acquire the ones I have so I won’t sell. I tried to teach my girl about them but she said it’s too much :lol:

I just sleep wth mine; that way I can touch and hand count each one before I go to bed

and they all have a nickname :)
I’m not putting that in my bed bro. She’s a cold German broad with a loud mouth and a bad attitude.

E0F3B4D6-9663-40A7-ADAC-A900448ADBE1.jpeg

Twice a year clean, lubricate, inventory, value and take pictures. Copy in the safe, 1 on computer and email to myself and my wife. This is when she gets to say where did that come from.

Double check total value, a lot less than some of you nuts:), against insurance binder. Safe is rated at 2 hours at 1500° secured and surrounded 3 sides by concrete, and live 2 miles from fire station.

People don’t think about it but if you own more than 5 firearms than you should do the following :

1. Insurance ! Don’t be dumb . I see stories all the time of folks losing out cause their stuff is burnt up or stolen. Homeowners does not cover firearms most times .(I pay $1,268 a year for over $125,000 in coverage so don’t be a cheapskate either )

2. A detailed list along with a trusted person. You are going to die ... I promise . Now , not all of our significant others know everything we own. So don’t make their hard time harder when you die by not having your stuff together. Write a note , help them move on by thinking forward and being responsible.

My MG3 with tripod weighs more than my girlfriend does . She cannot move that crap. So , I have several contacts along with some money for expenses and an agreement so they get a cut . Just sell all the crap and give my family the money.

You would be shocked to discover how many people die and leave their family with zip. No life insurance , no will , no direction and no hope. Don’t do that . Plan now.

As for records I can account for every dime I’ve spent on gun stuff . I even keep round count if I buy it new . Nothing wrong with keeping good records

All I can hope is that when I die my wife doesn't sell my gun for what I told her I paid for them.

We have no kid and I sure won't leave them to her family. Most would turn them in.

Back
Top Bottom