• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finished an 11.5” pistol build

I only use the Vltor A5 system. The A5H3/green Sprinco spring setup has been proven to work with this barrel and gas system. I have also used that same spring with the A5H2 buffer with no issues. I believe the barrel/gas system on that gun is on the dividing line between the use of those two buffers. The H3 gives a bit smoother recoil.

So, I’m reading on Springco’s site that the green spring is a rifle length spring. Wouldn’t you use the white spring for a carbine/pistol?

Okay, thanks. I’m not sure what the gas port size is, it’s a BCM complete upper. It doesn’t say what it is on their website, the closest thing I could find was the standard 12.5” barrel description which says it’s .750 so, I’m assuming that’s the barrel they use in the upper?

Only way to be sure is to actually measure it. BCM is one of my favorites when it comes to barrels, and I haven’t seen one of theirs be off yet, but I measure all my gas ports, JIC.

So, I’m reading on Springco’s site that the green spring is a rifle length spring. Wouldn’t you use the white spring for a carbine/pistol?

The Vltor receiver extension/buffer tube uses rifle length springs. Use Vltor A5 extension, Vltor buffer, Sprinco green rifle spring.

Back
Top Bottom