• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finished an 11.5” pistol build

You're dating yourself! LOL

Different company altogether. Mitch WerBell's old SIONICS ( "Studies In the Operational Negation of Insurgents and Counter-Subversion") has been defunct for decades, although the building and facility still stands and is still owned by the family. The range facility that I am currently training most of my students on is the old SIONICS facility in Powder Springs GA.

The current Sionics Weapon Systems makes high quality AR's and AR parts.
Sounds like an interesting building and range. One of these days I gotta get that book about the Mac Sub guns and the Ingram guy that designed it. Cool GA gun history there. Just look at how many different companies in GA made those guns. And it seems like it wound up going bad for all of them.

D27171FA-F9A8-456C-90EF-137E088A6CA7.jpeg

How did you decide on what buffer system to use? Do you have a go-to setup for this barrel/gas length, or do you go from light to heavy buffer/spring set ups as you test fire it?

How did you decide on what buffer system to use? Do you have a go-to setup for this barrel/gas length, or do you go from light to heavy buffer/spring set ups as you test fire it?

I only use the Vltor A5 system. The A5H3/green Sprinco spring setup has been proven to work with this barrel and gas system. I have also used that same spring with the A5H2 buffer with no issues. I believe the barrel/gas system on that gun is on the dividing line between the use of those two buffers. The H3 gives a bit smoother recoil.

Cool, I’ll have to try that buffer system on my pistol build. Would you recommend the H2 on a 12.5” barreled upper? I was thinking of trying out an Odin Works tunable buffer just because I’m not sure what weight to start at. Does anyone have experience with those?

Cool, I’ll have to try that buffer system on my pistol build. Would you recommend the H2 on a 12.5” barreled upper? I was thinking of trying out an Odin Works tunable buffer just because I’m not sure what weight to start at. Does anyone have experience with those?

If you’re using the Vltor A5 system, I know the A5H2 will work and I’m pretty sure the A5H3 will work. This is assuming that the gas port is the proper size of .078”. If it’s bigger, go with the A5H3........smaller, the A5H2.

If you’re using the Vltor A5 system, I know the A5H2 will work and I’m pretty sure the A5H3 will work. This is assuming that the gas port is the proper size of .078”. If it’s bigger, go with the A5H3........smaller, the A5H2.

Okay, thanks. I’m not sure what the gas port size is, it’s a BCM complete upper. It doesn’t say what it is on their website, the closest thing I could find was the standard 12.5” barrel description which says it’s .750 so, I’m assuming that’s the barrel they use in the upper?

Back
Top Bottom