• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally bought a Dillon - worth the price?

I thought that the 650 was the greatest loader in the world until I found two old rusty neglected 1050s here on ODT. If you are loading a lot of one caliber the 1050 is worth the extra money. If you keep it a few years you can get as much for it used as you paid for it new.

So, regarding the powder measure adjustment: put a line on the nut to indicate its position, keep notes of the direction the line is pointed for each charge, and a note for the amount of powder dropped for each 1/2 turn for each type of powder.

After a while you get good at adjusting it.

the powder measure seems to work good so no complaints there, i'm just not crazy about the adjustment nut. I will only use it for 3 of my high volume cal's and I have a measure for each...... so it will be a set it once and never reset (just verify) but I'm sure if you use it a lot you would get good at dialing in a load quickly.

Love my 550 b, hade it for over 20 years and have loaded more rounds than I could count. I used to save the end flaps off of primer bricks to try to keep count but gave up on that a long time ago. Seems like it was around 50,000 then.

I bought what was one of the first 650's produced. Waited for almost a year for delivery. It was well worth the wait. Many rears later and many rounds loaded, my only advice for a new owner would be to invest in additional tool heads and powder measures for each caliber loaded. Saves time and effort. The case feed mechanisms are also worth the money, I have used the same case plate to handle 223, 357, 38 special, and 45 acp casings. Good luck and happy reloading.

I've owned the 550B and liked it but I got a Square Deal for 45LC and I think there's nothing better for loading handgun rounds. I have a friend that has SDs for each caliber he loads.

Back
Top Bottom