• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally bought a Dillon - worth the price?

hard to answer as far as total investment. I purchased the 550 with all the accessories as advertised on Dillon's website and the the price for that set up is clearly marked on the site, I also got complete cartridge change kits including stands and powder measures, dies for 2 other cal's.... I got a big box of goodies from inline fabrication as well.... lighting kit, wall mounted rails, bins, pin tabs, powder measure wheels...
I know I have just over 1500 in what I got... how much ammo do I load? Well that's a tuff question to answer. The number of rounds is very dependent on components on hand. My stash for my black rifles has gone up significantly, but prepped brass is the slow down there. I have not started to load my handgun rounds yet and I have not had vey much range time due to other obligations.
I don't think that the 550 has paid for itself yet, but if I need 1k rounds, my time investment in that 1k rounds is significantly lower. Everyone places a different value on their time, but I feel like my time returned pushes that "has payed for itself" line closer and closer every time I load some ammo.

I do a similar process to 1006. I marked one of the flats of the adjuster bolt black it is easy to index 1/12th of a turn by using the orientation of that black side. If the next flat side of the bolt is facing up that is position 2. If the point of the bolt past the first flat is pointing up that is position 3. .1 grain is about 3 bolt position on my powder drop and VV320.
I saw an upgrade to the Dillon powder drop that uses a much higher thread count bolt. That would be nice. I think I will order one that I remember it.

Back
Top Bottom