Factory Five 33 Hot Rod

Is been nice to start installing the interior for the last time. Dressed up the e-brake handle and driveshaft while I had them out. The exhaust lookd great against the black underneath, so I'm paying attention to how everything looks under the car. Also I can do all the mounts for the wiring etc now that I know where the exhaust is located. First bolt I installed for the drivers seat hit directly on the front exhaust mount bolt. Thank goodness I was drilling a 1/8 starter hole

PA130001.jpgPA130002.jpgPA130003.jpgPA130004.jpgPA130006.jpgPA130007.jpg

Been working on all the little details and mounting the side panels for a few days. I guess I need to accept I'm only a 5 or 6 at fiberglass work. My plan is to final fit the doors, hood, trunk, side panels, and top then remove them for primer. After any body work and primer they will all be mounted once last time to check fit and function, at which point the teardown and my attempt at painting will begin. I plan on building temporary spray booth in my garage.

PA200003.jpgPA200004.jpgPA200006.jpgPA200008.jpgPA200009.jpg

Just doing miscellaneous stuff. Mounted the lights, they look cool. I guess you have to really decide whether or not you're gonna run the engine side panels all the time or not because disconnecting the headlight wiring would be a PITA. I've seen some clever ways around this but I'll just have to think about it for a while. I also think I'll attach the spacers inside the panels to the panels so at least aligned all the wiring, spacers, and mounting holes will be easier.

PA230004.jpgPA230005.jpg

She looks so sinister with the top on. I had to grind a bunch just to get the roof semi-close to fitting. There's more to do before I even consider drilling the first hole. I took the roadster windshied apart to polish the frame. Eventually I'll have it chromed.

PA270006.jpgPA270007.jpgPA270008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom