• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Factory crimp 9mm?

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Anyone use a Lee factory crimp for 9mm? I like it for a .223, but I am wondering if it is worthwhile for a 9mm and a 45....

Is there any chance it could mess up the headspace since these pistols headspace off that edge?

The best thing since canned beer for eliminating case sizing/feed difficulties. I even use a Lee factory crimp on my Dillon 650 (rcbs 3-die set)

Last edited:
I currently have RCBS seating/taper crimp dies.

Seem to be working well so far, but in a single stage I'm not sure if the factory crimp would be worth the extra step.

yes it's worth it. the factory crimp die has a small carbide ring that also does a final sizing to the body so it helps a lot with feeding in some auto pistols..

I typically do the FCD in most of my calibers, if I really want tight groups I try some with and some without and see what's best but for everyday plinking ammo and such, it's hard to beat them for consistency

If you are using a match grade "tightly chambered" barrel, the FCD from Lee will help ensure that the brass is "ironed out". The crimp that it gives is an adjustable taper crimp.

The ultimate 9mm die set for me is an EGW undersize die for sizing, Redding seating die, and a Lee Factory Crimp Die. You have to buy them all separately.

I think that the EGW sizing die helps the most.

Back
Top Bottom