• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price for processed 9mm brass?

ga.southern.eagle

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
8   0
Reaction score
I’ve got several thousand rounds of once fired, decapped and tumbled 9mm brass. A friend of mine wants to trade me some large rifle magnum primers (that I dearly need) but I don’t know what the “exchange” rate should be. I’m seeing processed 9mm brass from $42 per thousand up to $129 per thousand. I dont want to rip him off but I don’t want to have wasted my time processing either. What do y’all think is fair?

I wouldn’t call that “processed”… but it’s value in that condition is 3.5-4.0¢ per..

Processed typically indicates resized and roll sized brass. Returned to full SAAMI spec. Not just resized “nearly” to the base with your decap die.

I wouldn’t call that “processed”… but it’s value in that condition is 3.5-4.0¢ per..

Processed typically indicates resized and roll sized brass. Returned to full SAAMI spec. Not just resized “nearly” to the base with your decap die.
No offense but when I said processed I meant just that. Every round has been fired by me, decapped by me, and run through a full length resizing die by me. After that tumbled in walnut and polished in corn cob. I’ve been reloading for over 35 years…there is no “nearly” in my shop.

Yeah, based on what you said about the market prices, I reckon settling somewhere between $60 to $80 per thousand rounds of brass sounds reasonable. Just make sure to factor in the condition and quality of the brass when you make the deal.

Yeah, based on what you said about the market prices, I reckon settling somewhere between $60 to $80 per thousand rounds of brass sounds reasonable. Just make sure to factor in the condition and quality of the brass when you make the deal.
Absolutely, and I will of course err on the fair side since I’m trading for primers. It’s not worth losing a friend over a few dollars! I just wanted to make sure I was in the correct ballpark.

No offense but when I said processed I meant just that. Every round has been fired by me, decapped by me, and run through a full length resizing die by me. After that tumbled in walnut and polished in corn cob. I’ve been reloading for over 35 years…there is no “nearly” in my shop.

Dirty J isn’t wrong. We all reload so let’s not take it personal. U don’t roll size your brass so it’s nearly processed by commercial standards.

Does full length resize work? Yes. Will it be accurate to xxx yards? Yes.

I disagree with dirty j recommend pricing. I think it’s a little more expensive than what he mentioned but he’s not that far off

Back
Top Bottom