• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excellent stock deal

It's dense plastic, not real hard, cheap feeling piece but just the right durometer for the stock.
Carolina Boy is quibbling over the fact that The AR Builder© called it milspec and I'm over here in left field trying to figure out what a "durometer" is. :ranger:

Good lookin out, Greg. Don’t let palmettomoon palmettomoon run you down. His table is sure to be full of these beauties at the next swap meet.
I could never afford to buy and resale these stocks. Do you even build bro? Any idea how hard it is to find a milspec commercial buttstock? I still can't believe I hadn't heard of these until just this week and I've been building ARs since 1991.

I could never afford to buy and resale these stocks. Do you even build bro? Any idea how hard it is to find a milspec commercial buttstock? I still can't believe I hadn't heard of these until just this week and I've been building ARs since 1991.
There was a time when I thought I built AR’s. But there was a time I thought I could sing too. That was before me and Celine Dion became such good friends.

Anyone can build AR's. Vess builds masterpieces. Every single part durometered to the next.

Carolina Boy is quibbling over the fact that The AR Builder© called it milspec and I'm over here in left field trying to figure out what a "durometer" is. :ranger:
Durometer is the hardness of the material. It's measured like Rockwell hardness. Real cheap plastic will be hard and brittle and light. Whereas a good compound like Magpul uses is heavier and more flexible. A lower durometer material doesn't feel cheap and just massively produced to get them out there and make money. It feels just like the Magpul quality material. It takes more expensive processing oils to aid in mixing that compound and greatly effects softness and flexibility to a degree where it won't break so easy like the cheap real hard plastic. It's a very solid quality material.

Anyone can build AR's. Vess builds masterpieces. Every single part durometered to the next.
Greg builds great rifles. He’s taught me to worry less about manufacturers and to rely on results obtained by painstaking research and unorthodox techniques to squeeze every last drop of accuracy and reliability out of any given firearm.
I always felt like a better name would’ve been “The Vess15”

Say what you about me. I can build one just as good as anybody else. I can roll with the punches because it's all in good fun for the members. Doesn't bother me. I take just as much time and attention to detail as I do with my car engines. Just ask Mo at Moe's performance. He knows my mechanical abilities. Or Charels at Carla Boutin State Farm Agency in Dawsonville. He calls me Doctor Vess because I have a uncanny ability to diagnose engine and electrical problems. All other aspects of car diagnostics and repair. He will set you straight.

A durometer is a dial indicator with a very sharp tip. You put that sharp tip on the material you are measuring, push down till hits the base of the flat surface over the sharp tip and it gives you the hardness reading. It's used in all rubber and plastics quality control to measure uniformity across several batches to confirm accepted specifications. My father was a chemist and had me in a lab since I was in 6th grade. I think I have one around here somewhere.

Say what you about me. I can build one just as good as anybody else. I can roll with the punches because it's all in good fun for the members. Doesn't bother me. I take just as much time and attention to detail as I do with my car engines. Just ask Mo at Moe's performance. He knows my mechanical abilities. Or Charels at Carla Boutin State Farm Agency in Dawsonville. He calls me Doctor Vess because I have a uncanny ability to diagnose engine and electrical problems. All other aspects of car diagnostics and repair. He will set you straight.
Amen, brother. I was just talking to Mo and Charles over lunch yesterday. Listening to them go on and on about you… you’d think you saved their babies.

Back
Top Bottom