• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excellent stock deal

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I order some small stuff from AR-15 discount sometimes. I have been skeptical of their line of parts called NBS. Well I ran into this sale and I just couldn't resist. It's a adj. stock that I ordered just because my curiosity got the best of me. So I purchased thier NBS adj. stock for a project I have and it was on sale for 9.99. I looked around to compare prices just to see and the least costly I found from the places I usually order was a Anderson for 16.00 bucks. So the price was right.

I know this is a petty part but a great, quality part non the less so I went ahead and ordered one just because the cost was so low. I was dying to see what kind of quality it was. Turns out it's an excellent piece. It's dense plastic, not real hard, cheap feeling piece but just the right durometer for the stock. It also comes with a quick detach sling feature that is not usually found on your run of the mill-spec adj. stock. Fit is excellent as well as finish. The fit it just snug enough where it doesn't have a lot that junky slop sound however, it slides easily. Easily one of the best mil-spec looking stocks I have handled. I think after shipping and tax it was around 16 bucks out the door. I highly recommend this part for those looking for your basic adj stock look and want a QD feature too boot. If it's still on sale and you have a project in the works take advantage of this deal. You will not be disappointed.

I plan on buying some of their other parts here and their just to review. I am sure I will get some duds but this one gets a GTG in my book.
IMG_20230607_102829962.jpg

I order some small stuff from AR-15 discount sometimes. I have been skeptical of their line of parts called NBS. Well I ran into this sale and I just couldn't resist. It's a adj. stock that I ordered just because my curiosity got the best of me. So I purchased thier NBS adj. stock for a project I have and it was on sale for 9.99. I looked around to compare prices just to see and the least costly I found from the places I usually order was a Anderson for 16.00 bucks. So the price was right.

I went ahead and ordered one just because the cost was so low and I was dying to see what kind of quality it was. Turns out it's an excellent piece. It's dense plastic, not real hard, cheap feeling piece but just the right durometer for the stock. It also comes with a quick detach sling feature that is not usually found on your run of the mill-spec adj. stock. Fit is excellent as well as finish. The fit it just snug enough where it doesn't have a lot that junky slop sound however, it slides easily. Easily one of the best mil-spec stocks I have handled. I think after shipping and tax it was around 16 bucks out the door. I highly recommend this part for those looking for your basic adj stock and want a QD feature too boot. If it's still on sale and you have a project in the works take advantage of this deal. You will not be disappointed.

I plan on buying some of their other parts here and their just to review. I am sure I will get some duds but this one gets a GTG in my book. View attachment 5805820
That looks an awful lot like a commercial stock, not a milspec.

You ain't got to git all mad, it just looks like a commercial stock, not a milspec stock. I'm looking to you as the AR expert builder so I thought maybe you'd found something I didn't know about. Just never seen a milspec buttstock with the same slant & hump on the buttplate as a commercial stock.

Now I know there's a milspec/commercial stock. Thanks for increasing my knowledge base!

You ain't got to git all mad, it just looks like a commercial stock, not a milspec stock. I'm looking to you as the AR expert builder so I thought maybe you'd found something I didn't know about. Just never seen a milspec buttstock with the same slant & hump on the buttplate as a commercial stock.

Now I know there's a milspec/commercial stock. Thanks for increasing my knowledge base!
I didn't get mad. LOL I don't have any commercial stocks on my builds. I was just really pleased with the purchase and usually when I gamble on something like this I throw snake eyes. I mean 9 bucks. That's beans for a good stock. I am gonna order a couple more for future endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom