• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excellent stock deal

Amen, brother. I was just talking to Mo and Charles over lunch yesterday. Listening to them go on and on about you… you’d think you saved their babies.
I did help Moe out when he first got into GM tuning. They primarily focused on Fords before. He took on a GM truck with the cam and supporting mods with a tune. He ran into a problem where the engine would just fall flat on its face after he hit a certain RPM. The problem was is that he didn't zero out the torque tables out which are put in place by the manufacturer to keep warranty claims low. What was happening was the new cam was reaching its torque limits quicker with with that Cam and it was just jerking the timing out of the engine because of the torque load hitting so quick. Once we got straight on that it was all good. Moe's Speed Shop knows their business.

I did help Moe out when he first got into GM tuning. They primarily focused on Fords before. He took on a GM truck with the cam and supporting mods with a tune. He ran into a problem where the engine would just fall flat on its face after he hit a certain RPM. The problem was is that he didn't zero out the torque tables out which are put in place by the manufacturer to keep warranty claims low. What was happening was the new cam was reaching its torque limits quicker with with that Cam and it was just jerking the timing out of the engine because of the torque load hitting so quick. Once we got straight on that it was all good. Moe's Speed Shop knows their business.
I’m just grateful you were there. “Moe’s Lousy Running Car Shop” doesn’t have the same ring to it.

A durometer is a dial indicator with a very sharp tip. You put that sharp tip on the material you are measuring, push down till hits the base of the flat surface over the sharp tip and it gives you the hardness reading. It's used in all rubber and plastics quality control to measure uniformity across several batches to confirm accepted specifications. My father was a chemist and had me in a lab since I was in 6th grade. I think I have one around here somewhere.
I was absolutely convinced you were using text-to-talk and said "diameter" and since you are in them NVA mountains, it sounded like "durometer." :pound:

I am absolutely slack-jawed that there is a device called a "durometer" and that it is used for measuring the hardness of things. :faint:

Your round, Vess. :thumb:

I was absolutely convinced you were using text-to-talk and said "diameter" and since you are in them NVA mountains, it sounded like "durometer." :pound:

I am absolutely slack-jawed that there is a device called a "durometer" and that it is used for measuring the hardness of things. :faint:

Your round, Vess. :thumb:
I've been made a fool of enough times questioning Greg's knowledge that I've learned my lesson. In time, you'll learn as well.

Back
Top Bottom