• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Etiquette

Etiquette starts with being taught good manners by parents when you were a kid. Those that lack it may have been unlucky and had parents that didn't give a damn, were part of a single parent household, had a drunken father or something else less than a good upbringing.

Either this or they were just born ignorant arseholes.

Got a PM yesterday that opened with "what's your bottom dollar in x town that's about 85 miles away". Told him rifle was below market and that was my bottom dollar, and that I wasn't looking to drive 3 hours round trip to make a deal. Says he was thinking more like a 2.5 hour round trip for me and that good luck finding someone else before Christmas to buy. Told him I didn't need the money and to pound sand. Bunch of rude, poorly raised mother****ers on this site nowadays.

Any PM that asks “what’s your bottom dollar” “ or what’s the least you will take” gets ignored. I have no interest in negotiating with someone who has zero negotiation skill.

Other PMs get ignored simply because my memory sucks and if I don’t reply immediately 5 minutes later I forgot they messaged.

Any PM that asks “what’s your bottom dollar” “ or what’s the least you will take” gets ignored. I have no interest in negotiating with someone who has zero negotiation skill.

Other PMs get ignored simply because my memory sucks and if I don’t reply immediately 5 minutes later I forgot they messaged.
Same. I don't negotiate with myself.

I’m a lucky guy. Seems every time I didn’t get a response, it was for an item I didn’t really want or need anyway.

I’ll go so far as to commit to you fellas that I’ll never let your lack of correspondence ruin my day or hurt my feelings. I’ll take it as a win.

Back
Top Bottom