• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Engraving Recommendations

After doing some quick internet reading..... 1 sheet of standard printer paper is said to be about .004" thick. Just to give a comparison of the .003" required engraving depth.

Did you ask the shop if they knew how deep they go?
I have a connection with a machine shop in Breman I was planning on doing mine with.

Did you ask the shop if they knew how deep they go?
I have a connection with a machine shop in Breman I was planning on doing mine with.
Honestly I didn't even ask. The picture of the MP5 he did looked right but as far as a measurable depth I have no idea. I should get it back this week ill have a better idea, but for $25 bucks its worth a try either way. I may have to PM you about that machine shop if its obviously not deep enough.

Sorry I didnt respond earlier. They told me the mp5 just burned off the anodizing. Im not sure if they count anodizing as far as depth but it doesnt make much of a difference. You need to rub your finger over it at a minium to feel for depth, though this is in no way a actual measurement. I would def go the machine route way or do the mail order to places like orion arms etc.

Back
Top Bottom