• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Engraving Recommendations

EddyT

Bear Icon Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
142   0
Reaction score
Need to get my Draco SBR project engraved soon. Any recommendations on a place near Douglasville/West GA area?

Thanks,

Sent my SBR lower to Orion Arms.

orion-arms.com

Check out their web site. They turned mine around pretty quickly.

Let me know if you find anyone around Douglasville. I'd love to be able to get my next one done locally.

Sent my SBR lower to Orion Arms.

orion-arms.com

Check out their web site. They turned mine around pretty quickly.

Let me know if you find anyone around Douglasville. I'd love to be able to get my next one done locally.

Give these guys a call. They are in Douglasville. http://laserdimensions.net/

They are engraving my Draco SBR project for CHEAP. She had some pictures of a gorgeous class III MP5 and a few other rifles they have done. Its all done with a laser and they have a TON of fonts to chose from.

Give these guys a call. They are in Douglasville. http://laserdimensions.net/

They are engraving my Draco SBR project for CHEAP. She had some pictures of a gorgeous class III MP5 and a few other rifles they have done. Its all done with a laser and they have a TON of fonts to chose from.

im going to have to check them out!

Hey I went to visit laser dimensions as they are local to my house. Just FYI, it's a laser engraver, so they won't meet depth regulations required by the ATF, you need a much higher class laser then they have or do it the old fashion way like trophy shops do.

Class three isn't something I would want to take the chance on myself.

ATF website

Must be conspicuously engraved, cast or stamped (impressed) on the firearm frame, receiver, barrel or slide
For firearms imported after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch

More gibberish

Measurement of height and depth of markings. The depth of all markings required by this section will be measured from the flat surface of the metal and not the peaks or ridges. The height of serial numbers required by paragraph (a)(1)(i) of this section will be measured as the distance between the latitudinal ends of the character impression bottoms (bases).

Last edited:
ATF website

Must be conspicuously engraved, cast or stamped (impressed) on the firearm frame, receiver, barrel or slide
For firearms imported after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch

More gibberish

Measurement of height and depth of markings. The depth of all markings required by this section will be measured from the flat surface of the metal and not the peaks or ridges. The height of serial numbers required by paragraph (a)(1)(i) of this section will be measured as the distance between the latitudinal ends of the character impression bottoms (bases).
You may be right. Ill have to post a pic when I get it back.

What does 3 thousandths of an inch look like? Is there any way to measure engraving depth?

If its not deep enough I'll use it as a guide for my dremel engraver and deepen it a bit.

After doing some quick internet reading..... 1 sheet of standard printer paper is said to be about .004" thick. Just to give a comparison of the .003" required engraving depth.

Back
Top Bottom