• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EFT file for submitting digital fingerprints

I would only sell through silencer shop. I would not keep anything in stock. I could also refer people to check with their online account at ss.
I have a friend that thought the same thing… ;) That won’t stop people from beating down your doors if they are impatient, and you still have to babysit their can until the approval. It’s even worse if they drag their feet on filing their tax stamp. He’s had a few that have sat for years and the response is always “oh yeah I was about to file my stamp!”. That’s a lot of effort for a few bucks off the top of retail.

Selling suppressors is about as fun as baby sitting other peoples heavily regulated property, and having adults call you once a week mad about how long the US government is taking to clear their **** for a year. I don’t envy my friends that do it
Spot on. It's not worth it. Enormous waste of time and space.

I found a place and had a set made this afternoon. I'm putting in a form and will report back how it goes. The process was pretty strait forward as long as they like the prints.

That's an EFT file for form 1 prints.

I just got my EFT file done by PrintScan through National Guntrusts. Easy process and if you are too far from a UPS Store or location and already have a finger print card you can mail it in (they can provide pre-paid label at extra cost) and the file is emailed or available for download. It took a few days to get mine since I mailed in a card. I did have a problem retrieving the download due to having Jr as part of my full legal name. Both National GunTrusts and PrintScan were very responsive and took care of the issue quickly. Just a couple of emails and some ID verification so customer service was outstanding.

Midwest Silencers will also send you EFT files.

As for viewing the file, it's a pain in the ass since you need specific software for that. You can open it with a text editor and see some of the information in plain text at the top of the file.

I haven't gotten to it yet but you can compile the NIST software for viewing them. Probably work on that this weekend as well. I'll be doing this on a Mac so I'll write it up if there are any hiccups in the compile process. Looks pretty straight forward though.

Cognaxon offers a free viewer for Windows (32 bit) for the EFT file format as well. If you need to change something you have to buy a license from them.

I'm also submitting a couple of eforms 1 over the weekend. Other forums have reported no issues using the EFT file. I did read that BATFE still says to mail in cards during the process but that can be ignored. I'll post on how long it took and any problems as well.

I just got my EFT file done by PrintScan through National Guntrusts. Easy process and if you are too far from a UPS Store or location and already have a finger print card you can mail it in (they can provide pre-paid label at extra cost) and the file is emailed or available for download. It took a few days to get mine since I mailed in a card. I did have a problem retrieving the download due to having Jr as part of my full legal name. Both National GunTrusts and PrintScan were very responsive and took care of the issue quickly. Just a couple of emails and some ID verification so customer service was outstanding.

Midwest Silencers will also send you EFT files.

As for viewing the file, it's a pain in the ass since you need specific software for that. You can open it with a text editor and see some of the information in plain text at the top of the file.

I haven't gotten to it yet but you can compile the NIST software for viewing them. Probably work on that this weekend as well. I'll be doing this on a Mac so I'll write it up if there are any hiccups in the compile process. Looks pretty straight forward though.

Cognaxon offers a free viewer for Windows (32 bit) for the EFT file format as well. If you need to change something you have to buy a license from them.

I'm also submitting a couple of eforms 1 over the weekend. Other forums have reported no issues using the EFT file. I did read that BATFE still says to mail in cards during the process but that can be ignored. I'll post on how long it took and any problems as well.
I filled out my form 1 Friday for my build using that kick ass upper I got from you. I went down and did my prints on their scanner, almost identical to the SS kiosk process. I had the link to download my file before I left the parking lot. I did get the same cover sheet as before but I just ignored it. Here is hoping for another sub 10 day turn around.

I can't find a fingerprinting location that will actually give me the EFT file, they'll only print paper cards, which basically negates the purpose of the new digital fingerprint uploading capabilities of eforms. Even the safe scan or print scan or secure ID places that claim they do the EFT files for ATF submission, say they're not ready to give them to individuals yet. Basically does anybody know a location that will give you the EFT form.
I just paid national Gun trust $65 and have an EFT file I can use repeatedly. I don’t have mail my **** out and extend wait periods. It’s easy attach the damn file and move on. Buy once cry once. But it’s up to you.

Yeah I can do eforms also but silencer shop is the only one set up to do the digital submission of the finger prints. Well I guess I could spend 10k on a set up to do digital finger prints also but that seems a bit pricey.
I got my .EFT file from PrintScan through NationalGunTrusts. They had a sale for $60. I already used mine to do a E-Form 1 submission and it was accepted. We will see how fast it takes to get the stamp for this one though.

Back
Top Bottom