• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

EDC suggestions for an EpiPen

DanKATL

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
73   0
Reaction score
Last night I learned the hard way that I'm allergic to hornets. Sting on a finger and two on the knee earned a trip to the ER and getting jabbed with an epi pen. I've been stung many times in the past by bees or wasps, but never a hornet so new experience for me.

Thank you to the Cherokee County EMS Crew and the team in the Kennestone ER if any of you are reading this.

So, for those that need to EDC an EpiPen, what's your method of choice?

Subscribed
Cant convince the daughter to keep it at all times. Peanuts and shellfish. I think the emergency room is the usual way to find this stuff out. I got into it with the yellow jackets. Survived the entire nest. The next time I was stung by one, a couple days in the hospital. I reacted and developed fascitis? Serious infection common with stings. Who knew
Thanks to the EMS for yah

Not sure where you were when it happened but I’d definitely keep one on my person when there is any chance of being somewhere that you could run into them in the future.

Picked up the prescription earlier; they're a bit smaller than the one they used the other night, but still not small. Looks like they'll go in my workbag for now, since it's with me most of the time anyway.

Last night I learned the hard way that I'm allergic to hornets. Sting on a finger and two on the knee earned a trip to the ER and getting jabbed with an epi pen. I've been stung many times in the past by bees or wasps, but never a hornet so new experience for me.

Thank you to the Cherokee County EMS Crew and the team in the Kennestone ER if any of you are reading this.

So, for those that need to EDC an EpiPen, what's your method of choice?
Keep one in my backpack that goes where I go and one on my tractor and one close at hand in the house.

Subscribed
Cant convince the daughter to keep it at all times. Peanuts and shellfish. I think the emergency room is the usual way to find this stuff out. I got into it with the yellow jackets. Survived the entire nest. The next time I was stung by one, a couple days in the hospital. I reacted and developed fascitis? Serious infection common with stings. Who knew
Thanks to the EMS for yah
Same here. Got into them when I was 11 years old. Mom stop counting stings at around 50-60. Survived with just being sore as hell and nauseated. Got stung a few years later and went into total anaphylactic shock. Luckily the hospital was close and administered the epipen and saved my ass. Dr‘s said the previous number of stings at once caused me to develop an allergy to stings as such. Happened a couple more times after and made a believer outta me. Epipen is your friend.

Back
Top Bottom