• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

economic collapse was predicted for sept....

Well only you can answer that. I bought at 29 and now 22 years later I'm in a much nicer/bigger home and it's paid off. Had I done that for my first home, probably wouldn't have been in the same shape. With $100k down you could buy a well above average home with a low $100s mortgage and if you are making "really good" money have it paid off in 10 years. I'd go that route.
If all the homes linked above, particularly in Adairsville, are below your standards for a first home, it becomes opinion about your expectations. I'd tell you it's a house, it's not your wife.
The Atlanta metro area (the burbs, not the city) is some of THE most affordable housing in the country. If you doubt it, look around at any other metro area (except for perhaps Detroit and Houston) and see what your dollar buys.
Is there anything wrong with building ? Besides the fact of all pricing involved has sky rocketed ?

Is there anything wrong with building ? Besides the fact of all pricing involved has sky rocketed ?
Except for the fact you'll get less for your money, it will invoke premature hair loss, if you are married or in a relationship it will end, any sanctity you had will be gone and it still won't be 'exactly' what you wanted.... it's a great idea.

Except for the fact you'll get less for your money, it will invoke premature hair loss, if you are married or in a relationship it will end, any sanctity you had will be gone and it still won't be 'exactly' what you wanted.... it's a great idea.
LMFAO! that is great - i love your sheer honesty

It's more complicated, but with the amount of money you have it's a possibility. Buy your land now and get a loan to build.

A very poor time to do so unless its in an price depressed area (ie: middle of no where) or you find a distressed seller.

Builder backlogs are 6 mo. to a year and price appreciation is very reminiscent of '06, but for very different reasons. There isn't rampant flipping, it is consumer buyers competing with corporate investors all trying to get in while credit is loose (if you got it flaunt it). "Shortly" that will change, either the Fed is going to end the party or a Black Swan is going to poop on it, markets will crash, bankers will go to ground, and liquidity will dry up.

Assuming the "Economic Collapse" and TEOTWAWKI does not occur, THEN is a good time to go into real estate.

A very poor time to do so unless its in an price depressed area (ie: middle of no where) or you find a distressed seller.

Builder backlogs are 6 mo. to a year and price appreciation is very reminiscent of '06, but for very different reasons. There isn't rampant flipping, it is consumer buyers competing with corporate investors all trying to get in while credit is loose (if you got it flaunt it). "Shortly" that will change, either the Fed is going to end the party or a Black Swan is going to poop on it, markets will crash, bankers will go to ground, and liquidity will dry up.

Assuming the "Economic Collapse" and TEOTWAWKI does not occur, THEN is a good time to go into real estate.

I agree that it's all too expensive regardless of factors. I thought the same before 08.

Back
Top Bottom