• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ebola preps

According to the CDC and my sister that is a MD Pathologist patients maintain an immunity to the strain they were infected with up to and over 10 years. There is a reason they are giving transfusions of recovered patients to newly sick one, that is because they already have the anti-body that fights the virus.

BUT there are several varieties of hemorrhagic fevers in Africa and elsewhere.....Ebola is just one. Marburg and a few others are floating around in the bush-meat population.

Thanks for the info. That jibes with what I had always heard, as well as what's generally true for most (although not all) viral diseases.

after reading this thread, i feel motivated to start shaping looking for my tinfoil. a new hat isnt gonna do the trick, im motivated to make a full on tinfoil helmet!

One of the techniques of psychological warfare is to put forth an idea with the intent of making it seem ridiculous (so as to discredit it), when in fact it is true.

I read on the AP this morning that the WHO thinks that although there are (3) immunizations in the testing phase, they will be too late to be useful during this outbreak.

I think I understand Obama's refusal to shut the borders. To do so, and have it spread anyway would imply that America is vulnerable to attack because of the porosity of her borders.

Nigeria beat ebola. Eradicated it within it's borders after several people fell ill. How? By not giving in to hysteria, tracking those that came into contact with infected persons, and isolating the ill.

Was their outbreak rural, or urban? Could we do the same thing, or are we too mobile?

I just ordered an old Robin Cook novel called Contagion. I read it 20 years ago. If I remember right, it was something like we are facing today.

possible case in NYC. the guy is a doctor and self quarantined, so that is really good news.

LOL....Great news (sarc)......now we find out that he only went for a run, took the subway (for 5 days), took a taxi, went bowling.....here's a thought - ANYONE that is going over there to treat Ebola MUST go into quarantine (real quarantine, not self quarantine) when they return. It seems very evident to me that the safety protocols in place for healthcare professionals are either not sufficient or not being followed......other than two carriers (that we know of) who were infected and came to this country, all the reported cases are healthcare workers who treated people with Ebola. No tin-foil hat......just common sense.....but, we can't (or should I say choose not to) secure our boarders in any form or fashion.

Nigeria beat ebola. Eradicated it within it's borders after several people fell ill. How? By not giving in to hysteria, tracking those that came into contact with infected persons, and isolating the ill.

From the author that brought you "Let's Be Rational Now...", comes his new page turner, "There's Something About Logic".

Back
Top Bottom