• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ebola preps

IMaDad

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
News is reporting preppers stocking up:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102048219
(note the doctor in the video talking all that bull about how if he were on the plane next to the guy he wouldn't have touched his bodily fluids making it seem like sweat, coughs, sneezes, etc, wouldn't transmit the disease when it is clearly reported that it does. Its mainstream BS like this that will make this situation worse IMHO.)

I know that i have watched live stock in stores, and namely amazon, drop rapidly on MOPP equipment, bleach tabs, etc.

I am expecting masks, gloves, bleach, etc to sell out quickly when more victims are found. I think now its just the crazy preppers panicking.

I made a small panic purchase of:

gloves I started using my box of gloves for when i smoke ribs/pork butts. they work great! i used my preps though :/
masks just cheap 50pk the hardware store had. not even n95 rated.
Bleach tablets. I think these are going to be paramount if this thing spreads. people will be sanitizing everything from cash to incoming boxes from amazon, etc

Then i cleaned and test fitted my Survivair Full Face mask with nice expensive p100/chemical dual use filters. Hey, I dont think ill need it, but may as well take it out, dust it off, inspect the valves and seals, and wear it while i type on ODT

have you bought anything? are you making a shopping list/wish list on amazon to pull the trigger on if you need to? whats on your list?

US government just put to bid for 160,000 hazmat suits- there's a lot going on about this that there not talking about, according to the time line the guy in Texas caught it on the flight

I look at it like this:

1) Is this ebola thing is dallas going to make its way to Georgia and be this huge "black swan" event? No. Not likely. well okay I guess it could. who really knows?
2)Do I use this to "War game" what would happen if this were mouse pox, avian flu, or airborne ebola? Yup. In a small way.

Watching this unfold helps me spend some of my prepping budget for scenarios i havent really thought of. For example: the bleach tablets.

I bought these bleach tablets from amazon. 32 or 36 tablets per bottle. If i remember correctly one tablet in one gallon of any water makes a sanitizing solution, and the bottle is shelf stable for years. So this doubles as a water prep too. Not bad for the $5 I spent, and I would kick myself if they sold out next week.

The gloves? Yeah I use those when I'm smoking meats.

The cheap masks from the hardware store? I use them when i mow. saves me from launching snot rockets the rest of the day with my allergies.

:::double checking that I posted this in the survival forum::::

Oh yeah. Zombies. Aghhhh. You're right! We should all buy mre's!

Nozzle

Haha I do live a normal life. I wear a suit to work, support and raise my children single handedly.

Parents in Dallas are pulling their children out of
School because of Ebola. What if it were atl. No one is saying panic. I'm just saying think about it

Back
Top Bottom