• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ebola preps

I have been hitting Dollar general a few times a week. Cans of meat / soup / stew for $1 a can! Hitting Costco this weekend for some beans and rice. Anyone know how long Pasta lasts? Oh, and also picking up a Coleman dual fuel stove which can run on unleaded, and filling up the 5 gallon gas can and adding StaBil. Figure that should give me enough to bug in for a week or two.

dried pasta stored correctly should last up to 10 years IIRC
heres a quote
"Pasta will store longer than flour if kept dry. Hermetically sealed in the absence of oxygen, plan on a storage life of 8 - 10 years at a stable temperature of 70 degrees F. Pasta should keep proportionately longer if stored at cooler temperatures."
https://www.usaemergencysupply.com/information_center/storage_life_of_foods.htm#link12

I just made a trip to restaurant depot. 20lbs of pasta for $14.97, 100lbs of rice for $32, etc. check them out if you can.

Okay so I just want to let everyone know here that may actually care. Now this is from someone whose spouse works in the hospital here on post. This morning they were monitoring a soldier who was showing signs and symptoms of the big E. She just called me back and told me that there are 25 confirmed cases at the hospital on Ft. Benning. Apparently the guy visited Liberia before shipping off for Basic Training. Remember that at the 30th AG they are in close proximity, with bay sleeping areas, and community showers. It would transmit easily. They had a briefing on it and are going to try to isolate it to the 30th AG Battalion area.

I know that it is from a guy from a guy, but on the off chance that it is true, I felt I should say something.

We will know sooner or later if it actually hits the news. I have no way to prove what I typed right now, and I hope to be proven wrong. This is WAY too close to home for me now.

Last edited:
If you want to grow jalapenos, get the seeds from the red peppers.
If you want to spread a disease efficiently, put it in the food chain.
Who harvests and processes most of our food?

No salads or undercooked meats or vegetables for me guys.
As a matter of fact, it may be time to look at all the foods we eat and find safer ways of eating.

If the person at the bakery has it, and sneezes on a conveyer belt, or wipes sweat from their brow, and it gets on the counter where they bag the wonder bread...
If the cookie lady wipes her nose with her gloved hand before putting the cookies in the box...
If the cashier scans a contaminated item, and then scans thousands of other items...

Last edited:
Easy way to remove pathogens (including Ebola virus) is to wash produce in approximately 100 mg/l chlorinated water (regular bleach has approximately 50000 mg/l). If anyone need info on how to make appropriate dilution please pm me.

Okay so I just want to let everyone know here that may actually care. Now this is from someone whose spouse works in the hospital here on post. This morning they were monitoring a soldier who was showing signs and symptoms of the big E. She just called me back and told me that there are 25 confirmed cases at the hospital on Ft. Benning. Apparently the guy visited Liberia before shipping off for Basic Training. Remember that at the 30th AG they are in close proximity, with bay sleeping areas, and community showers. It would transmit easily. They had a briefing on it and are going to try to isolate it to the 30th AG Battalion area.

I know that it is from a guy from a guy, but on the off chance that it is true, I felt I should say something.

We will know sooner or later if it actually hits the news. I have no way to prove what I typed right now, and I hope to be proven wrong. This is WAY too close to home for me now.
Are you ****ting me!? The media is reporting it as a rumor, they say the guy went to Nigeria and has a low grade fever but is not believed to have it. No one else is mentioned in any of the reports....but there are SeVeral reports coming out of cases that haven't been reported on the news...the virus is either everywhere already, or its a bunch of hogwash

Last edited:
Reported Cases/Deaths (as of 14 October 2014)[2]
Total: 9,216/4,555
Liberia: 4,262/2,484 (as of 13 October 2014)[2]
Sierra Leone: 3,410/1,200 (as of 14 October 2014)[2]
Guinea: 1,519/862 (as of 14 October 2014)[2]
Nigeria: 20/8 (as of 14 October 2014)[2]
United States: 3/1 (as of 14 October 2014)[2]
Spain: 1/0 (as of 14 October 2014)[2]

nope. you can get it again after you have already had it. according to the interwebs.

According to the CDC and my sister that is a MD Pathologist patients maintain an immunity to the strain they were infected with up to and over 10 years. There is a reason they are giving transfusions of recovered patients to newly sick one, that is because they already have the anti-body that fights the virus.

BUT there are several varieties of hemorrhagic fevers in Africa and elsewhere.....Ebola is just one. Marburg and a few others are floating around in the bush-meat population.

Back
Top Bottom