Ebay turbos

Who does good dyno tuning in the metro area? I'm thinking about a supercharger for my Tahoe.
MTI Racing has been doing work on my friends Camaro. It's there now for a tune, long tube headers, gears, and nitrous now. So far the customer service has been good and this place was recommended by another friend. Theyre in Marietta.

MTI Racing has been doing work on my friends Camaro. It's there now for a tune, long tube headers, gears, and nitrous now. So far the customer service has been good and this place was recommended by another friend. Theyre in Marietta.

I know a few guys at MTI. Pretty sure yeah stick with the domestic muscle for the most part. OP should prob stick with an import ahop like Minstream in dallas or something similar.

Just a little advice. Don't buy a cheap exhaust manifold, turbo, wastegate, or fuel pump. Those are the 4 most critical pieces to a turbo setup. If you go with no-name-ebay-hecho in a dirt factory in china. Those are the four pieces that can cost you far more than you save. Learn from others mistakes. While spending more eventually reaches a point of diminishing returns, spending less can get exponentially more expensive.

Just a little advice. Don't buy a cheap exhaust manifold, turbo, wastegate, or fuel pump. Those are the 4 most critical pieces to a turbo setup. If you go with no-name-ebay-hecho in a dirt factory in china. Those are the four pieces that can cost you far more than you save. Learn from others mistakes. While spending more eventually reaches a point of diminishing returns, spending less can get exponentially more expensive.

UuuuuUUUUuuummmM im so lost right now... The TUNE is everything..... A good solid ecu chip like Hondata and the tuner doing a solid reliable tune is in fact EVERYTHING. Not a few pieces that can break and then not produce boost and therefore not hurt anything... Other than the fuel pump, which if it goes bad a Honda will merely turn off at slow speeds.....

UuuuuUUUUuuummmM im so lost right now... The TUNE is everything..... A good solid ecu chip like Hondata and the tuner doing a solid reliable tune is in fact EVERYTHING. Not a few pieces that can break and then not produce boost and therefore not hurt anything... Other than the fuel pump, which if it goes bad a Honda will merely turn off at slow speeds.....

Ha, you sir are absolutely correct. I am not putting myself on a prohibition from giving car advice before giving myself coffee. My last GM actually had a safe tune for the 12 psi I was running on the factory tune (non factory turbo vehicle).

Ha, you sir are absolutely correct. I am not putting myself on a prohibition from giving car advice before giving myself coffee. My last GM actually had a safe tune for the 12 psi I was running on the factory tune (non factory turbo vehicle).

lol yeah man Ive snapped ****ty manifolds on multiple occasions: result is no boost, nothing hurt.
Ive blown an ebay turbo: again, no boost nothing hurt
Out of 2 name brand and 2 ebay wastegates, Ive never had one fail. If anything, the spring would break and youd get no pressure to build boost on. Again, no boost, nothing hurt.
Bad fuel pump (in a Honda at least) is very obvious bc they shut off at every stop sign and red light. I suppose if you have a noticeably effed up car and still attempt to boost you could have a problem here... But if you do that you prob deserve to have a problem lol

Back
Top Bottom