Ebay turbos

SuperMario92

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   4
Reaction score
Thoughts? Has anyone here ever used one of these? I saw a complete get to turbocharge my car for $600. I'm thinking about getting it, I mean worse case scenario I blow the turbo, right? Then just swap in a better quality one but, keep their intercooler and tubing.

Worse case it's a pile if crap and fails sending metal into your intake and kills your motor.

You will also need a tune (which not many shops will touch a bubba modded ebay turbo car) to get it to run correctly.

Those ebay kits are junk. Putting a $600 turbo kit on a $1500 car, go ahead. Put a $600 turbo kit on a $20-$30k car....no thanks.

SOME of the Chinese turbos on Ebay aren't too bad...but really I'd save your money for a good kit. If you just want a turbo to say you have a turbo then Ebay it up; you'll make some noise and not really go much faster. Also depends heavily on supporting mods.

At least that's my experience with building AWD DSMs for a few years.

Thoughts? Has anyone here ever used one of these? I saw a complete get to turbocharge my car for $600. I'm thinking about getting it, I mean worse case scenario I blow the turbo, right? Then just swap in a better quality one but, keep their intercooler and tubing.

Well, since Ebay does not produce Turbochargers I would guess that it depends on what type it is and who the seller is. I bought a Mitsubishi TD-04 a few years ago and it has over 40k miles on it since installation. I also had a seller on there build me a hybrid turbo from a GT-17 and a Garrett T25. It ran wonderfully for years before I sold the car.

I don't know about the turbos, but I bought a turbo back exhaust off ebay. It was a guaranteed bolt on for my particular car (95 AWD turbo Eagle Talon). Yeah, wasn't even close to a direct bolt on. Took 2 days and I can't remember how much $$$ for the mechanic to get it installed. I'd read the seller's feed back very carefully to see if there are any complains about quality/fit.

Back
Top Bottom