Ebay turbos

its like this the size and rpm /inlet and out let size have to be properly sized for the motor and any mods made to the motor otherwise lag or poor performance will result also computer mods and a good tune will be needed..there is a reason that a turbo shop gets 5000 to 10,000 to install and tune these!

Smaller turbos spool quicker, larger ones spool slower (lag).

Most stock bottom ends can be fine with 5-6psi, any more and you really need to be thinking forged internals/blueprinted for any longevity. Smaller turbo would be the way to go for budget. You can get all the boost your motor can handle and not have to wait until 4,500+rpm for any power.

My STI spools up around 3K rpm and has nice get up and go to it. I would never go with a larger turbo, as adding lag would take forever for it to get going.

I'm with Tony, cheap a turbo shouldn't be in the same sentence. Spay the balls out of that little Honda (assuming since that since you posted an engine bay pic of one) if you are getting a turbo at least shoot for a garnett t3.

check into Banks power sport diesel turbo upgrades they can fix the lag with a special kit

I've already bullet proofed, added CAI, turbo back exhaust, and SCT programmer; already spent enough money. Guess I will just live w/ the lag. I'm already over 40, so it is time to stop trying to race all these kids anyway. LOL

Back
Top Bottom