• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Easiest bread you can make, almost idiot proof

I come from a pretty old school line of thought with cooking- real butter, real sugar, real bacon :p (blame my mom)
It's a pretty 'experiment friendly" bread. I'd imagine adding soaked/drained grains would work well, I wouldn't put them in dry as the bread is pretty dry when mixing compared to some bread doughs. I've never experimented with non-sugar sugars for baking anything TBH.

I come from a pretty old school line of thought with cooking- real butter, real sugar, real bacon :p (blame my mom)It's a pretty 'experiment friendly" bread. I'd imagine adding soaked/drained grains would work well, I wouldn't put them in dry as the bread is pretty dry when mixing compared to some bread doughs. I've never experimented with non-sugar sugars for baking anything TBH.
Kinda what I was thinking about the grains, I have not cooked much bread, been interested in an easy recipe. I'm diabetic so as long as there is a substitute I will use a sugar free type sweetener. I do want to experiment with natural sweetener like maybe honey.

Honey would work, though I've never done a full substitution with it.
I can imagine Fructose working well enough, I doubt stevia has enough carbohydrate to react properly though (Stevia is the only "artificial" sweetner I trust to not cause cancer or something).
Problem with the artificial stuff is that they are stronger than regular sugar as far as sweetness goes. If you used equiv amounts to get the bread to rise, it could be too sweet.

I figure at about 20 cents a loaf, you can afford to screw up a couple times :p I got to where I don't really measure anything but the flour anymore, and that's just so I know how much it takes to exactly fill my pan.

Can diabetics eat brown sugar? That would work ina pinch for a sweet bread.

Back
Top Bottom