• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dunce Hat & New Infraction Policy

Let's say if you go six months without any new infractions I'll completely remove them for you, sound good?

Yeah, anyone one perma-banned will have the banned emblem under their name.

No, you get a rules reminder and then if it keeps happening you get an infraction. Should we just not have rules?

And yes, the hat is very kindergartenish, so what? Can't we have a little fun with some stuff?

Two issues with this one:

1. Should supporting members be exempt from the rules?

2. If you accidentally relist three items at once then you would most likely get one "rules reminder," I don't want people to get banned, I just want folks to stop breaking the simple rules all the time.

No one would want to use a site where everyone could relist whenever they wanted to, it would be an absolute mess.

We aren't perfect, but we're trying our best to keep a happy medium.

1. Should supporting members be exempt from the rules? No, but if they make a mistake as petty as that is don't give them an infraction. I understand the rule but i'm sure there are some that don't. They joined a classifieds/trading site and they just got an infraction for posting an ad is what they see.

And yes, the hat is very kindergartenish, so what? Can't we have a little fun with some stuff? Maybe that's why the rules keep getting broken then edited again, they think it's fun and won't nothing happen when they do break them.

1. Should supporting members be exempt from the rules? No, but if they make a mistake as petty as that is don't give them an infraction. I understand the rule but i'm sure there are some that don't. They joined a classifieds/trading site and they just got an infraction for posting an ad is what they see.

They don't get an infraction the first time it happens, they just get a reminder that explains the rule, that's all, why is that bad? After that they know the rules right? If they continue to break them after that what should we do, just let it keep happening?

This is what they get:

Okuma Steve said:
Dear Glock 45,

You have received a rules reminder at The Outdoors Trader. These reminders are used as an easy way for us to let you know about any rules you may not have been aware of. They do not harm your account in any way.

Thanks!

The Outdoors Trader

Reason for the reminder:

-------
Reminder Test

-------

They don't get an infraction the first time it happens, they just get a reminder that explains the rule, that's all, why is that bad? After that they know the rules right? If they continue to break them after that what should we do, just let it keep happening?

I guess warn and infract them till we run them off. . . idk

Back
Top Bottom