• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dunce Hat & New Infraction Policy

Careful...you might the first one in this thread to get to wear the kindergartenish but hilarious pointy hat banner for a day...:lol:

Well it is kindergartenish, the rules and the problems we have on this site shouldn't even be an issue, were grown damn men/women, as long as you treat em' like kids there gonna act like kids. I break a few rules every now and again but, not much. I have never gotten an infraction, 1 warning and i purposely did that. I don't make neg price comments, i was always told say what you can't say in open forum in a pm, hell you can't even do that anymore, now you get infractions for it if it's reported.

I don't abuse the relist rule but , if i might not be home tomorrow and want to get my ad in before i leave for the weekend and it's already been 2 or 2 1/2 day's , i see nothing wrong with that. I just find it funny i could go into a thread and say some of the most vulgar things and it's fine but you can't relist your item a day early without risk of a warning or infraction. . . . .. . either way idk. . whatever.

Last edited:
Well it is kindergartenish, the rules and the problems we have on this site shouldn't even be an issue, were grown damn men/women, as long as you treat em' like kids there gonna act like kids. I break a few rules every now and again but, not much. I have never gotten an infraction, 1 warning and i purposely did that. I don't make neg price comments, i was always told say what you can't say in open forum in a pm, hell you can't even do that anymore, now you get infractions for it if it's reported.

I don't abuse the relist rule but , if i might not be home tomorrow and want to get my ad in before i leave for the weekend and it's already been 2 or 2 1/2 day's , i see nothing wrong with that. I just find it funny i could go into a thread and say some of the most vulgar things and it's fine but you can't relist your item a day early without risk of a warning or infraction. . . . .. . either way idk. . whatever.

Trying to find the like button....Wrong site

To no one particular: if you don't like or can't follow the rules; start your own site. It isn't that hard of a concept to follow. ODT is free, it doesn't cost you one red cent to join and participate in this site. If you can't abide by the few rules that OS has in place to try to make this site better then leave. I am sure you will be missed, but the rest of us will survive w/o you. I left a Facebook group yesterday for a very similar reason. I posted two rifles in a local sub-forum, but they were deleted. I asked the administrator if she had started a no gun policy and she never would answer. It was pointed out to me (like I didn't already know) that the sub-forum was a free forum on a publically traded site and they could do whatever they wanted. I thanked the poster for reminding me and deleted my account w/ them. It was as easy as that. Another similar thing happened to us yesterday: had to take dog to vet, went into Hardees to get lunch while staples were being put in. The place was like walking into South Central (or what I imagine to be like walking into South Central), pant's waist bands on the ground, employees on cell phone ignoring customers, employees yelling and arguing w/ each other, employees calling each other mo fo's etc... Did I pitch a fit about it; nope, but I won't go back. Hardees is privately owned/publically traded company (maybe a franchise, but not run by my tax dollars) I have no vested interest as to whether it succeeds or not...

Anyway, sorry for the rant. But, I too get tired of hearing all the wining about a free site that we all come on here to enjoy. And, yes, of course I could have ignored this post, slowly backed out and not let it have any affect on my life (which is my normal routine), but it is 0400 and I am bored... :)

Wow. Just wow. I see a shift towards a terribly different site (and I don't mean rules).

I have tried and tried to adapt and overcome, but this just all seems terribly sophomoric. Catch myself trying to avoid all the drama threads (always see the same people involved) but when I exclude these, these isn't much left.

Back
Top Bottom