• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dunce Hat & New Infraction Policy

If they are only good for a year, How is it I have one that was issued on 12-22-13 and it shows to expire on 12-11-15

If you get an infraction for the same thing again it adds to your previous infraction, so that is 2 one year infractions.

A better question is how many people currently have an active infraction? Infractions stay active for a year now but I think they have only been that way for 8 months or so. Anyone care to guess how many users have received one or more infractions in the last 8 months or so?

This is the reason I asked

Just a heads up on some tweaks we've made to infractions.

If you receive 3 infraction points in 365 days you win a 1 day "time out" (ban for a day)

If you receive 5 points in 365 days you win a 3 day "time out"

If you receive 7 points in 365 days you win a 7 day "time out"

10 points and adios.

Also, I see that you have amended the rules to read "365 days" instead of "30 days". What happens between the 3rd point and the 5th point, or the 5th point and the 7th point, etc. Is the 4th point another 1 day hat? 6th point another 3 day hat, etc?

Last edited:
Also, I see that you have amended the rules to read "365 days" instead of "30 days". What happens between the 3rd point and the 4th point, or the 5th point and the 7th point, etc. Is the 4th point another 1 day hat? 6th point another 3 day hat, etc?

Grasping at straws JBJ.You know exactly why this came to be.

Also, I see that you have amended the rules to read "365 days" instead of "30 days". What happens between the 3rd point and the 4th point, or the 5th point and the 7th point, etc. Is the 4th point another 1 day hat? 6th point another 3 day hat, etc?

No additional timeout at 4, 6, etc.

In the last month a total 43 infractions have been handed out, which is less than 2 a day. (Some of which were given to the same people multiple times) This does not count warnings or reminders.

Currently 222 members have at least 1 active infraction.

OS can you incorporate "semi-pro" in a little band that runs around the dunce cap?
He is after all job security for mods:).

Back
Top Bottom