• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't Talk to the Police

I was good friends with a criminal defense attorney (now deceased.)

He made many of the points that the guy from the video was making. "You can't get in trouble for what you don't say" was his favorite old saw.

-Very good advice. Never say anything. Guilty or not, the prosecution's job is to put you away-and they will sometimes resort to very sneaky, nasty tricks to try and do so. (You wouldn't believe some of the stories I heard. They made me understand that there often is no "right" side of the law. Some of the "white hat" guys are very, very dirty. Just look at what that DA did to those Duke lacrosse players.)

Couldn't agree more. The DA's job is to get a CONVICTION not discover the truth. Your defense attorney's job is to NOT let you get convicted. Neither is really after the truth or right/wrong.

Well.. I got nine minutes into the video and got tired of his sugar-high rambling.
What was the overall point of the video?
He seemed very educated, and the overall message of exercising your rights is good, but will someone give a tl;dr version?
I don't want to spend nearly an hour finishing this

Well.. I got nine minutes into the video and got tired of his sugar-high rambling.
What was the overall point of the video?
He seemed very educated, and the overall message of exercising your rights is good, but will someone give a tl;dr version?
I don't want to spend nearly an hour finishing this

Lawyers like him cost over $500 an hour for a consultation. Getting it for free is a good use of one's time, especially to help avoid the 500 hours @ $500 each that a trial could cost.

Someone who had cancer would be happy to sit through a free one hour lecture about how to get rid of it .

To each his own.

I have a good friend who is an attorney and a Assistant US Attorney in the family and they both have always said....Don't talk and don't consent to a search..... I made both of my kids watch this video.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom