• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dog seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed over someone else's comment. But what dog food are you feeding him. We used to feed our dogs Pedigree, because it was a big bag and cheap. However, we realized over time that our dogs started having Seizures. I started doing some research and saw that a lot of other people's dogs were also having seizures on pedigree. We switched dog foot to a more expensive bag (Diamond Naturals 30lb $47) and neither dog has had a seizure since. Hope this helps

Science Diet sensitive stomach large breed it’s like $85 a bag and both the German Shepherd and him eat it so it goes fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers the pup gets better and has no more of them. I know you have to worry like hell when it happens and it has to scare the crap out of the dog too !
I really hope and pray they find a solution , seizures suck for damned sure !

I have one that has seizures, we have narrowed it down to the medication they are giving her for heart worm, fleas, and the vaccines she receives, so unfortunately we had to give up the medications. Since then not one seizure.

We've had one (1!) pet that suffered seizures from the flea Rx that was put on her neck.

" pyrethrins have neurotoxic action on insects as it blocks voltage-gated sodium channels in nerve axons. Pyrethrins are moderately toxic to mammals however, commercial preparations are considerably less toxic." (less toxic, means they ARE toxic)

She'd have petit mal seizures and lay at my feet when she felt them coming on. I asked the vet who said , "no, it's too low of a statistical chance".

But the flea meds were specific for nicotinic receptors, so I called BS and quit giving her the med. Viola! No more seizures.

Vet, like a lot of docs, believe whatever the drug rep says. Forget pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, they're chasing dollars.

We've had one (1!) per that suffered seizures from the flea Rx that was put on her neck.

" pyrethrins have neurotoxic action on insects as it blocks voltage-gated sodium channels in nerve axons. Pyrethrins are moderately toxic to mammals however, commercial preparations are considerably less toxic." (less toxic, means they ARE toxic)

She'd have petit mal seizures and lay at my feet when she felt them coming on. I asked the vet who said , "no, it's too low of a statistical chance".

But the flea meds were specific for nicotinic receptors, so I called BS and quit giving her the med. Viola! No more seizures.

Vet, like a lot of docs, believe whatever the drug rep says. Forget pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, they're chasing dollars.

I quit giving the medication after his first seizure 5 years ago but was told once they started they’ll never stop and they haven’t

We've had one (1!) per that suffered seizures from the flea Rx that was put on her neck.

[/QUOTE

This!! All day.]

I may have missed over someone else's comment. But what dog food are you feeding him. We used to feed our dogs Pedigree, because it was a big bag and cheap. However, we realized over time that our dogs started having Seizures. I started doing some research and saw that a lot of other people's dogs were also having seizures on pedigree. We switched dog foot to a more expensive bag (Diamond Naturals 30lb $47) and neither dog has had a seizure since. Hope this helps
I switched to blue when I talked to a guy pumping grease traps and asked him what he does with that maggot gagging goo. He said he sold it to low grade dig food companies.

I’m actually looking to find him a home that will have someone with him. He’s the sweetest house and crate trained dog, I just hate leaving him alone for 10-12 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom