• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dog attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
call the authorities and tell them it's a pit bull, they'll be there in minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

call the authorities and tell them it's a pit bull, they'll be there in minutes.

pepper spray...use wasp spray and it's cruelty to animals...carrying pepper spray is an easy explanation....carry a can of Wasp poison on a bicycle ride...that's a little more difficult to explain.

thats what i'm worried about.

As for changing my route... in carrollton there arent really any sidewalks and the ways to work are uphill, the reason i take this route is because its about 5 minutes shorter.
why should i concede because of someones irresponsibility ?

I would carry the diluted ammonia and try to make friends. Once he stood seeing you ass a threat to his home he'll probably be fine. Normally they just see someone unfamiliar, particularly someone moving quickly, as a threat to their family. now he thinks he's run you off Ebert time, so it's reinforcing his perception. I see this with one of my dogs and the UPS truck. He comes, age barks, he leaves so she thinks she it's doing a great job chasing a questionable stranger away.

If you want to be nice, try talking to the owners.

BTW by posting this, you may have destroyed any credibility in court if the puppy does bite. You have established you know the dog to be defensive and you know to go around him.

I would be more concerned about the owner seeing you hurt his dog and doing something about it. As you said... no so good part of town. Man sprays dog, owner of dogs sprays man (with tec9), dog spraying man dies... 5 minute longer bike ride no longer relevant.

I can't say for sure I would trust a spray but I would get the strongest bear or pepper spray I could find and take that to his face, while still keeping distance. This is only of course if you can't find another route.

My dog attack story was a little different.

My 5'4" pregnant (ex)wife was attacked by a massive pit that was wild and roaming the woods of our property. I got a phone call from her that sounded like she was in labor, as I was already driving home. I had no idea what I was walking into. I was already speeding to get home. As I'm down the street I get a calmer call from her explaining what happened when she had our dogs out on a leash to get her walk in for the day. She called animal control and they told her they would come get the dog if 'we' would contain it. As I pulled into our heavily wooded property and got out of the car, I spotted it and it rushed me from the wood line.

I know have faith in carrying a .357 Sig p229.

The pit was foaming, it's legs were all cut up from either fighting other animals for from some thorn bushes, it wasn't fixed and no collar on it. Animal control came out to get it, in a hefty bag.

Sounds like that dog already has your number and the more you mess with him (as in you already kicked him in the face) the more he is just going to be waiting on you. You have become part of HIS routine. I'd go another way.

Wasp Spray will turn him on a dime and will rarely blow back at you. Its 10 ft range makes it a formidable weapon.

This is the worst thing you can do. It is a federal crime to misuse wasp spray. It'll be impossible to defend your reason for carrying wasp spray except for the intended misuse of it in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom