• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dog attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it hasn't really attacked you by now it most likely won't. I have several dogs in my neighborhood that run after you or at least out to you when I go on my walks with my wife. I always meet them head on, stop and let them come to me. Most times running out and barking is just attempting to show you they are boss. But they are usually more concerned about you than you are them. Take some meat, beggin strips, something. Stop when it comes out and let it come to you. Put a small treat on the ground between you or if it won't come for it, toss it, gently out past your reach. Many dogs will not come within reach out of fear. It may take days but this can get the dog comfortable with you. I have made friends of 5 of the dogs in my area, the 6th is afraid to let me touch him even though he takes the food I offer and 2 little yappers just aren't satisfied unless they are yapping. The only one that really concerned me was this walking MUSCLE of a bulldog that came running out a couple of weeks ago. But he was not displaying any other sign of aggression and once he got close he was quite friendly.

Very few dogs are truly mean in my experience. Those, unless they are big or just crazy(knew ONE dog that was "insane") can be hurt or killed as long as you face them. A dog has only one weapon...it's mouth. A dog's throat is mostly useless as a target for your hands but his forelegs are great targets. Dogs legs do not flex sideways very well. Grabbing a foreleg in each hand and playing wishbone with them should discourage a dog real fast. Even though dogs have strong biting jaws the roof of a dogs mouth is very sensitive and if you drive your thumbnail into the palate it prevents a dog from biting down hard. One dog, other than a pit, or maybe rotweiler or similar is not as much of a threat as it seems. With a knife you should be certainly more than a match for most dogs.
that sounds like a great way all round to get the **** bit out of you

for real, i would never trust a dog i dont know and havent been "introduced" to by the owner

Never been bit yet and had no choice when dog's have come out but to run or face them. I've learned from experience that facing them ALMOST always works. So...been there done that.

Never been bit yet and had no choice when dog's have come out but to run or face them. I've learned from experience that facing them ALMOST always works. So...been there done that.
i wouldnt run, i just dont think id try to tickle the top of their mouth with my thumb nail, lol

id prefer kicking them in the face if they got to close, or shooting them depending on the scenario (id probably try and jump on top of a car or something first

Jumped on top of a car once when I pissed off an aligator, but that was more reflex. LOL! With dogs, I can't ever remember one that didn't stop when I didn't back down. Now once a friend and I were walking and a dog burst through a screen and charged. I froze and he ran circles around me with the dog hot on his ass. The hard part for me was not laughing at them.

I'd report it to the police and/or sheriff immediately. Generally, a dog gets one free bite. After that, the owners can face some serious liabilities. If you let the police know of the threatened attacks, it can become a known dangerous dog and those liabilities are in effect.

Pick the dog that lives in the nicest house; and let him bite you. Soon afterwards, you can have another car. :wof:

This...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Call the authorities again and maybe change your route by one street?

And if the dog's still around, sue the authorities for not reacting to your complaint!

Attachments

• Raid 001.jpg
    Raid 001.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 33
Wasp Spray will turn him on a dime and will rarely blow back at you. Its 10 ft range makes it a formidable weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom