• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anybody use a foodsaver?

oldmetlfan

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
47   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody is using a foodsaver. I was thinking it might be good for ammo, and things like clorox wipes, for long term storage.

Yep.
Have for years.
Buy the bulk rolls in a 6-pack at Sam's to save money.
Can't beat it.
Also, your solvents and other chemicals last longer in Mason jars with that attachment to evacuate them.
Just MHO.
Good luck!

I chose the manual vacuum seal pump over the foodsaver because of conflicting reviews of longevity performance of the units gasket that does the sealing and decided against it. saved plenty money as a result and dont have to rely on electricity if it should happen to be out. just a thought.

http://pump-n-seal.com/

Use one for food, had not considered other things like the wipes and ammo. Does it make a difference for ammo, is it to maybe keep protected humidity/moisture?

I use it to store my primers, 1# bottles of powder, ammo, and bullets I am keeping for long-term inventory. I know guys who vac seal their extra changes of clothes when going on hunting/camping trips to keep them from getting wet or picking up odors during the trip.

Foodsaver website offers a lot of deals. December is a big month for them. Email today of bags 25% off. Last week it was a machine over 70% off. Sent the FNL a combo for Xmas, machine, bags, rolls, containers. Delivered for $106.00

Back
Top Bottom