• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dobbs Defense 22 Can

I was at Dobbs Defense yesterday hanging out. Bryan shot his can back to back against the Spectre II. For those of you who don't know, the Spectre II is the best can on the market. Host was a Savage FVSR shooting CCI standard.

The Dobbs can sounded every bit as good as the Spectre II. Tone and perceived volume was nearly identical. I could not pick one over the other if I were blindfolded. Spectre II goes for $150 more than the Dobbs can. Now, the Spectre II is prettier. Is it worth $150 for pretty? Meh.

The Dobbs can is available in aluminum or steel. If you ever intend to shoot 5.7 or magnum rimfire get steel. Heck, I'll probably get both. One for 22lr that's light and one for magnum rimfire. Dobbs has cans in inventory for those who want to get forms submitted immediately.

Disclosure - I am affiliated with Dobbs as counsel for Dobbs Defense. However, if the guys aren't busy Bryan will shoot them side by side for you. It doesn't get better than a demonstration. I would recommend the Dobbs can to anyone on the ODT. You'll get a great sounding can, you won't sacrifice durability or functionality, customer service is handled by Dobbs himself, and you'll support a local manufacturer.

Thanks Dean, I appreciate the support. Aside from the disclaimer part already being mentioned, this is a completely unsolicited endorsement. Yep, I am open to anyone coming by for a demo. I got a chance to get it in front of a meter on July 18th but until then a side by side comparison is the best I can do. Off Target channel on YouTube is set to do a review on the 14th of April.

P.S. Whore

Are you making any for the 5.56?
Not yet. 30 cal is next on the list for production but I got a ton of 22s to make first. Small shop and all, I can only set up to do production on one particular can at a time. I'm pretty proud of the way my 22 can turned out and want to be sure I get the same performance out of the rest before I make a bunch of them. I make an OK 30 can already but iy needs a bit more R&D before I commit to making hundreds of them.

Not yet. 30 cal is next on the list for production but I got a ton of 22s to make first. Small shop and all, I can only set up to do production on one particular can at a time. I'm pretty proud of the way my 22 can turned out and want to be sure I get the same performance out of the rest before I make a bunch of them. I make an OK 30 can already but iy needs a bit more R&D before I commit to making hundreds of them.
Soon as you make a 30 cal can I want to go ahead and jump in line. I'll bet you will have them priced affordable you do with your 22 can which will be a big bonus for me. After hearing how good your Evercore sounded I was thoroughly impressed. I own a Spectre II and like Dean said I could not hear a difference and I spent a good bit more. I'm sure the 30 cal can will be just as good. Bryan I'm sure soon enough you will have a strong foot hold in the suppressor world with the quality you are putting out!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom