• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dobbs Defense 22 Can

heavyd

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I was at Dobbs Defense yesterday hanging out. Bryan shot his can back to back against the Spectre II. For those of you who don't know, the Spectre II is the best can on the market. Host was a Savage FVSR shooting CCI standard.

The Dobbs can sounded every bit as good as the Spectre II. Tone and perceived volume was nearly identical. I could not pick one over the other if I were blindfolded. Spectre II goes for $150 more than the Dobbs can. Now, the Spectre II is prettier. Is it worth $150 for pretty? Meh.

The Dobbs can is available in aluminum or steel. If you ever intend to shoot 5.7 or magnum rimfire get steel. Heck, I'll probably get both. One for 22lr that's light and one for magnum rimfire. Dobbs has cans in inventory for those who want to get forms submitted immediately.

Disclosure - I am affiliated with Dobbs as counsel for Dobbs Defense. However, if the guys aren't busy Bryan will shoot them side by side for you. It doesn't get better than a demonstration. I would recommend the Dobbs can to anyone on the ODT. You'll get a great sounding can, you won't sacrifice durability or functionality, customer service is handled by Dobbs himself, and you'll support a local manufacturer.

You mean you got to go outside. He just shot the phone book in the shop for me with that set up. Thump of bullet hitting the phone book was the loudest thing. Sounded like a pellet rifle.

If I was going to get another 22 can, it would be hard to beat getting can and stamp for less that retail of SpectreII.

I was at Dobbs Defense yesterday hanging out. Bryan shot his can back to back against the Spectre II. For those of you who don't know, the Spectre II is the best can on the market. Host was a Savage FVSR shooting CCI standard.

The Dobbs can sounded every bit as good as the Spectre II. Tone and perceived volume was nearly identical. I could not pick one over the other if I were blindfolded. Spectre II goes for $150 more than the Dobbs can. Now, the Spectre II is prettier. Is it worth $150 for pretty? Meh.

The Dobbs can is available in aluminum or steel. If you ever intend to shoot 5.7 or magnum rimfire get steel. Heck, I'll probably get both. One for 22lr that's light and one for magnum rimfire. Dobbs has cans in inventory for those who want to get forms submitted immediately.

Disclosure - I am affiliated with Dobbs as counsel for Dobbs Defense. However, if the guys aren't busy Bryan will shoot them side by side for you. It doesn't get better than a demonstration. I would recommend the Dobbs can to anyone on the ODT. You'll get a great sounding can, you won't sacrifice durability or functionality, customer service is handled by Dobbs himself, and you'll support a local manufacturer.

ATF cashed my check for a stamp for a Dobbs can two weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom