• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you want to end comments in the classifieds?

Well we could always contract some members to form a secret society then we could use our fringe benefits as supporters to inrease our votes amongst the society.....sounds like a perfect plan.

Now, I like the double secret society part.

What makes you think there isn't already one. :cool:

I think that providing the poster with the option to lock comments out of the classified thread will more or less solve this problem (which doesn't strike me as a really dire problem, but I'm not a mod and don't have to deal with it). That way, when someone wants to post a $1500 DPMS or $740 Glock, they can lock out the comments and spare themselves from receiving negative comments, but they will likely fall out of "What's New" fairly quickly. For posts that keep the thread open to comments, there should be no restriction on the comments-- this way, all the folks who post an item at a reasonable, defensible price get the benefit of free bumps, secure in the knowledge that, even if they get a negative comment on their price, they have a justification ready.

I think that providing the poster with the option to lock comments out of the classified thread will more or less solve this problem (which doesn't strike me as a really dire problem, but I'm not a mod and don't have to deal with it). That way, when someone wants to post a $1500 DPMS or $740 Glock, they can lock out the comments and spare themselves from receiving negative comments, but they will likely fall out of "What's New" fairly quickly. For posts that keep the thread open to comments, there should be no restriction on the comments-- this way, all the folks who post an item at a reasonable, defensible price get the benefit of free bumps, secure in the knowledge that, even if they get a negative comment on their price, they have a justification ready.

Maybe threads that are rated 1 star by X number of people should leave the "what's new" even sooner and forever? :pop2:

Back
Top Bottom