Do you recycle?

Do you recycle?

• Yes - most of the time.

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • Sometimes - if it's no trouble.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Very little.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I'll have the beef burito and chicken taco plate.

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
Sure do.

Y'all be sure to recycle all those boxes - corrugated is the number one recycled material. Average box can be remade about 7 times. At that point the paper fibers are too small to make paper. But that's ok, that fiber is burned to help generate power for the paper mill.

I'm not 100% sure that the trash and the recycling bin end up in different destinations, but I do my part and recycle everything I can. I'm constantly pulling things out of the trash and putting them in the recycling bin because my apparently my teenage sons are touched in the head.

Aside from cardboard, everything in my county ends up in the land fill.

There is no market anymore for plastics and glass, might as well just put it all in the same bin.

Yep, we recycle what they take. Even if the trash company doesn’t do their part, I’m glad we do. Makes me hope there will be healthy ecosystems for critters and fish for my future kids and their future kids to explore.

We recycle whatever the trash company will take. They stopped taking glass so I save most of my glass bottles and send them to Clarke county which still takes it. We’ll recycle all fluorescent bulbs and batteries.

My dog recycles her poop when it’s cold like this and they’re crunchy.

I reload brass and melt wheel weights and old slugs from the berm at the range, so yes I recycle.

Do I separate plastic/glass/metal/paper? Not on your life.

Most of the recent recycling efforts (past 20-30 years) was profit-based. When the powers that be found there was little money to be made from the efforts, they started filling the landfills with plastic and paper again. The big companies even admitted to dumping the cute green tubs of recyclables in the regular trash. So it tugged at the heartstrings of a lot of folks, but it was a money-making endeavor for the most part. Many exposes done on this. I even heard about it on NPR of all places....Made me almost spill my Starbucks and wreck my Subaru....

When we lived in Maine, we religiously recycled our plastic bottles since you had to pay a nickel for every plastic water bottle, Coke bottle, etc. We went home to Florida for Christmas one year and I bought four cases of Zephyrhills bottled water. When I went to cash in a bunch of plastic bottles, including Zephyrhills bottles, the lady said “we don’t take those since they’re from out of state.“ I said, I don’t want any money for them, I just want to do my part and recycle them. She said “We ain’t in this for the charity.” Speaks volumes doesn’t it?

I recycle most everything I can, in the hope it keeps things out of the landfill.

Do you recycle any plastic, steel, aluminum, paper or cardboard? Just curious...

iu
Yes I do.Glass, cardboard,plastic,tin cans and aluminum.Batteries and scrap metal.Not saying I do absolutely everything but quite a bit. I have also recycled plenty of brass and lead. I try to do things so that I repurpose and not waste things. I may inch towards being a little overboard but I hate the throwaway mentality.

Yes I do. I really believe the motto reduce, re-use, recycle. It really is a sin to be wasteful.

Edit: also the thread let me vote twice Not sure If they both counted...

Back
Top Bottom