Do you recycle?

Do you recycle?

• Yes - most of the time.

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • Sometimes - if it's no trouble.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Very little.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I'll have the beef burito and chicken taco plate.

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
Yes I do. I really believe the motto reduce, re-use, recycle. It really is a sin to be wasteful. Edit: also the thread let me vote twice Not sure If they both counted...

You voted TWICE?? My team of investigative attorneys will be contacting you! ;);););)
iu

I reload brass and melt wheel weights and old slugs from the berm at the range, so yes I recycle.

Do I separate plastic/glass/metal/paper? Not on your life.

Most of the recent recycling efforts (past 20-30 years) was profit-based. When the powers that be found there was little money to be made from the efforts, they started filling the landfills with plastic and paper again. The big companies even admitted to dumping the cute green tubs of recyclables in the regular trash. So it tugged at the heartstrings of a lot of folks, but it was a money-making endeavor for the most part. Many exposes done on this. I even heard about it on NPR of all places....Made me almost spill my Starbucks and wreck my Subaru....

You own a Sue-Bar-Ru? I wouldn't admit that....lol.
subarus-clinton.jpg

I use to recycle cardboard,paper, plastic. Then the city of Rome closed the old recycling center and took away the remote recycling trailers at the old Kmart shopping center. We have a garbage service since we live in the county so now it all goes in the trash. I’m not making a special trip (out of my way) to a recycling location when the others were convenient.

I hate to say it but if the state govt started charging a nickel deposit for every plastic and glass bottle, like they did years ago, suddenly none would get thrown away. remember the old glass coke bottles that got returned to the store?

God, I hated working in a liquor store after MA passed it's 'bottle bill' back in the 80s. People would come in with garbage bags full of unrinsed bottles, some with green crap growing in them and others that were cockroach farms, dump them off and expect their money before we could even count them.

Plus, we had to sort them based on distributor, not color or material (bottle vs. can), since they were the ones we would get the deposit money from.

What a disgusting mess. They finally amended the law to allow stores to refuse unwashed bottles and cans because of the public health crisis it was causing, especially in food stores.

Well, I try to recycle everything I can recycle, but the point is that I can not recycle that much. Of course, it would be great if I could recycle everything, as recycling means savings, but I have no such a possibility. Honestly, I am not worried about the financial part, but about the safety of our planet. We all must fight pollution, and we all must acknowledge that we are not the last generation. I have a small company that produces tables. We can not reuse everything, but all the rubbish we give to recycling to a rubbish removal company. When I stumbled on their site which is https://mobileskips.com.au/sydney, I couldn't believe there are such companies, but thankfully there are those who fight against pollution.

Back
Top Bottom