Do you recycle?

Do you recycle?

• Yes - most of the time.

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • Sometimes - if it's no trouble.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Very little.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I'll have the beef burito and chicken taco plate.

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
We recycle, but they recently stopped accepting glass (WTH?) so now we have to trash glass.
Yeah, my town stopped accepting glass in the recycle bin they pick up every week at my house. But they accept it at the towns recycling center.

almost everyone has stopped accepting plastic since China and India have stopped paying for it.

I hate to say it but if the state govt started charging a nickel deposit for every plastic and glass bottle, like they did years ago, suddenly none would get thrown away. remember the old glass coke bottles that got returned to the store?

but they are doing the opposite with car tires. And now it’s a huge problem.
The state started charging $5-7 dollars for returning a tire , so they all get tossed in the woods. And the state is spending many millions paying private companies to remove the large stockpiles that people build up.

a lot of people will rent or buy cheap property, accept old tires and charge $7 each, then when the land is full of old tires, they will abandon the land and move on.

if the state switched it and started charging the $7 up front when you buy the tire and refunding it when you bring an old tire to a tire store or legit disposal center, then everyone would pick up old tires and bring them in.

I'm not 100% sure that the trash and the recycling bin end up in different destinations, but I do my part and recycle everything I can. I'm constantly pulling things out of the trash and putting them in the recycling bin because my apparently my teenage sons are touched in the head.

Back
Top Bottom