• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you have a faraday cage/box/bag etc.?

Do you have a faraday enclosure?

• Yes - commercial

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - DIY

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters
Let's be honest. EMP attack of the scale you guys are talking about and 80% of the people in this thread will be dead in under 2 weeks with the other 20% MAYBE making it 6 months. 12 months in I would imagine 99% would be buzzard/other people food.

Two way radios....lol.
I've always said 72 hours for complete societal breakdown.
Most won't have potable water day two. I don't know about 99% being gone, but a whole bunch for sure. Not sure what the lol is for. I guess people could just holler.

Real question : does an EMP take out old CB radios?
What about anything listed as “solid state” ? Like old radios and t.v.s. ?

Old radios would work. Pre-ban/unrestricted is the way to go if you can find one. Typically Cold war or Vietnam era or older.

If it has wires or electronics of any kind an EMP is going to affect it. How much? Who knows, to many factors there. The one in 1859 wiped out telegraph lines and caused fires; those systems weren't much more than a battery, some wire and switch. RF and EM fields are very strange things to deal with.

I have a metal cabinet from an indoor sound system on the wall in the basement with 2 ground rods driven in the basement floor .I've lined it with rubber mat on the inside to isolate the electronics in there. I keep a set of walkie talkies and a couple of CB radios in it. Never tested it but my hope is the metal and the grounding divert any EMP voltages to ground before it gets to the radios.

That should do it as long as there is no way for it to arc before it finds the earth ground. Make sure the door is very tight and bonded electrically all the way around.

I've always said 72 hours for complete societal breakdown.
Most won't have potable water day two. I don't know about 99% being gone, but a whole bunch for sure. Not sure what the lol is for. I guess people could just holler.

24hrs without their zombie screens and many will have nervous breakdowns.

Given the current news cycle, family member just called me freaking out about an EMP, worried about communication.
Just got me curious how many really have/use one. If so was it DIY or commercially produced? What do you have in it?

How large are you thinking for DIY?

Back
Top Bottom