• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you even check the price before posting!?!?!?!?

I am not saying all of us, but some gun guys are definitely "hoarders". Like those people on the TV show that keep all their worthless crap in the house for years because they can't bear the thought of letting it go for nothing/cheap. It holds value to them in excess of what you and I see. While it may not be old children's toys or plastic silverware, as it is for them, we may see more value in our own firearm than if we saw the same one listed on here or in a store. I know there are some people reading this post on a laptop in room filled with GI Joes and model trains. A hoarder wants someone else (not everyone) to see how special "MY" firearm is and be willing to pay an inflated price.

This is why I am usually listing guns for trade, not sale. It's hard to give it away for some money after all the research I put in before buying one and the crazy places I go to meet you guys. I'd imagine those who sell their firearms at a great price need the money or they flip enough guns to avoid an emotional connection to any individual one.

But, additional reasons are that there is an immediacy on ODT that you don't find anywhere else. I have picked up a gun at 10pm on a Sunday night, 5 minutes from home and 20 minutes after it was posted. Cash, no tax, no forms, friendly seller and you usually get some ammo out of the deal. This is worth the premium to the buyer, and the prices are a reflection of demand. If these sellers weren't selling, the prices would come down.

Every week I get an email for a Sig 938 from PSA for $499 and I was at the gun show this past weekend and sold mine for $625 without even trying! The dealer that bought it from me sold it almost immediately for $725. The entire process happened in 30 minutes and it left my mind blown...

Believe me, brother, I would love to see prices come down. But as long as potential buyers are offering 60% of the asking price; sellers will be listing guns for more than the MSRP.

I am not saying all of us, but some gun guys are definitely "hoarders". Like those people on the TV show that keep all their worthless crap in the house for years because they can't bear the thought of letting it go for nothing/cheap. It holds value to them in excess of what you and I see. While it may not be old children's toys or plastic silverware, as it is for them, we may see more value in our own firearm than if we saw the same one listed on here or in a store. I know there are some people reading this post on a laptop in room filled with GI Joes and model trains. A hoarder wants someone else (not everyone) to see how special "MY" firearm is and be willing to pay an inflated price.

This is why I am usually listing guns for trade, not sale. It's hard to give it away for some money after all the research I put in before buying one and the crazy places I go to meet you guys. I'd imagine those who sell their firearms at a great price need the money or they flip enough guns to avoid an emotional connection to any individual one.

But, additional reasons are that there is an immediacy on ODT that you don't find anywhere else. I have picked up a gun at 10pm on a Sunday night, 5 minutes from home and 20 minutes after it was posted. Cash, no tax, no forms, friendly seller and you usually get some ammo out of the deal. This is worth the premium to the buyer, and the prices are a reflection of demand. If these sellers weren't selling, the prices would come down.

Every week I get an email for a Sig 938 from PSA for $499 and I was at the gun show this past weekend and sold mine for $625 without even trying! The dealer that bought it from me sold it almost immediately for $725. The entire process happened in 30 minutes and it left my mind blown...

Believe me, brother, I would love to see prices come down. But as long as potential buyers are offering 60% of the asking price; sellers will be listing guns for more than the MSRP.

That's pretty involved . I think it's more like people taking advantage of others lack of knowledge . But if you can't use google to price match, you don't deserve to have money anyway..

turtle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom