• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you believe the deceased try to communicate with us?

Yes, I do. When my great-grandma passed when I was a kid, I had a dream about her where we had a "goodbye" conversation and then she said "I have to go." where she ascended. When my grandpa passed, my mom heard him singing next to her in church the next week.

So, yeah, I think shortly after people die, they go do some rounds saying goodbye to everyone they loved in some form or fashion.

My daughters 17,18, 21, 29 have seen a person they call "Dark Man" standing in our hallway. My wife and daughters believe some of these ghosts or whatever you want to call them are attached to the antiques in my house that date from 1700's to 1930. I have no clue but they all see the same things at different times.

Another incident I personally know of is the ghost of USS Tennessee SSBN 734. We were at sea when this happened. Our boat was selected to due a burial at sea for a 1st class petty officer. Weeks after we had done the ceremony a friend of mine was on roving watch in the missile compartment when I ran into him. He was white as a sheet and trembling. I asked him if he was okay and he wouldn't speak. I asked what was wrong and he said "you won't believe me". This guy was one that never joked around or went around like most of us submariners screwing with people to pass the time. He was genuinely shaken. He then tells me he was in upper level taking logs when he turned around to see a sailor in dungarees (we wear coveralls underway) with a white hat staring at him. The sailor had a first class crow on his sleeve. My friend watched the 1st class walk into the missile tube and disappear. Scared the crap out of my friend.

haley-joel-osment-i-see-dead-people.gif

When my wife’s dad passed, we transplanted 4 confederate rose bushes to our place that he had planted years ago. They weren’t technically supposed to bloom this year since it hadn’t been that long that we moved them. (Or so I’m told). This was a picture taken a few days ago.

View attachment 3695917
I had a friend who was a disabled combat vet that served in Iraq. He took his life 3 years ago this week. I had a dream a few nights ago where he told me he had something to tell me. However the dream ended before he could. Hoping he shows back up one night to tell me.

My grandma passed down at Northside. I had a new baby and didn’t make it there in time. When I got to my house, i went to the basement to kind of reflect. The phone down there started ringing non stop. Yeah, you guessed it, the line had been disconnected years ago. It had never once rang after being shutoff, until now. That thing wouldn’t stop ringing. Curiosity got the best of me after it just wouldn’t stop. When I picked it up there was a staticky garbled kind of voice? Anyway, had me thinking. If anyone would have had something more to say, it would have been her. The phone never made another sound.

Awesome.

I had a friend who was a disabled combat vet that served in Iraq. He took his life 3 years ago this week. I had a dream a few nights ago where he told me he had something to tell me. However the dream ended before he could. Hoping he shows back up one night to tell me.
Did the dream end because you woke up? Or did you stop remembering the dream and go into deeper sleep?

If it's the latter, it might be possible to remember what he said if you put yourself in a theta state (dream state). This kind of thing happens naturally when you're dreaming as well as when you're deeply absorbed in an activity.

So the next time you're working on a project that has you in that mode of doing without effort (comfortable/pleased with just doing what you're doing), try recalling the dream again.

The B&B my wife and I owned in Maine was built in 1899. We had multiple “encounters” over the 4 years we lived there. One day we were working in the front yard and a couple was walking down the sidewalk. They stopped and said “There’s a child looking out that 3rd floor window.“ We looked, but saw nothing. Our young daughter was at school, so we knew it wasn’t her.

Another time, my wife and I were in bed talking and we heard someone walking up the stairs. As they got closer to the top, the steps got louder. Knowing no one was supposed to be there, I jumped up and opened the door, but no one was there.

My MIL has had more than 100 ”encounters” with dead people. One day she took our laundry up to our bedroom in the B&B. She said when she got to the top of the stairs and looked into our bedroom, there were two children jumping on our bed. She said the looked at her and were gone.

Another time she went out to our back porch and saw an older heavy set man wearing a suit and a bowler style hat. She said he reminded her of Alfred Hitchcock. She asked him if he was looking for us. He looked at her and walked back out the porch door and vanished. When she told me this story, I went to a chest drawer and dug out a picture of the man who built the house and was it’s first occupant. Sure enough, it was him.

Several “ghost hunters” wanted to do searches in our house, but we never let them.

74829FCA-7D65-4826-95E5-87185062FCB1.jpeg

The B&B my wife and I owned in Maine was built in 1899. We had multiple “encounters” over the 4 years we lived there. One day we were working in the front yard and a couple was walking down the sidewalk. They stopped and said “There’s a child looking out that 3rd floor window.“ We looked, but saw nothing. Our young daughter was at school, so we knew it wasn’t her.

Another time, my wife and I were in bed talking and we heard someone walking up the stairs. As they got closer to the top, the steps got louder. Knowing no one was supposed to be there, I jumped up and opened the door, but no one was there.

My MIL has had more than 100 ”encounters” with dead people. One day she took our laundry up to our bedroom in the B&B. She said when she got to the top of the stairs and looked into our bedroom, there were two children jumping on our bed. She said the looked at her and were gone.

Another time she went out to our back porch and saw an older heavy set man wearing a suit and a bowler style hat. She said he reminded her of Alfred Hitchcock. She asked him if he was looking for us. He looked at her and walked back out the porch door and vanished. When she told me this story, I went to a chest drawer and dug out a picture of the man who built the house and was it’s first occupant. Sure enough, it was him.

Several “ghost hunters” wanted to do searches in our house, but we never let them.

View attachment 3704907
Wow that’s a beautiful house

Back
Top Bottom